Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Move over Paxman

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,847
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Move over Paxman

    I ventured into the world of hard-hitting inteviews yesterday as witnessed by The Independent
    Tim

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,192
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Where was the bullet-proof vest and blue helmet with "TV" in white gaffa tape on it...? Required by all reporters in dangerous situations.

  3. #3

    Default

    Staines-upon-Thames? Sounds even worse...

  4. #4

    Default

    Regardless of its name if there are a lot of trees there then I am sure I would like living there even if you called it "Bumville".

    Do you like living there Tim ????????

    Daft question I know as if you didn't you would of probably moved on a while back.

    Are you happy with the name change or bascially couldn't you care less

    Nice picture by the way (very professional!!)

    Congrats on getting in the "Independent"

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't know what colour your helmet is but that florescent vest would keep you safe.

  6. #6

    Default

    staines has never been the same for me since the crooked billet closed

  7. #7

    Default

    Wasn't that back in the 18th century. Oh hang on do you mean the pub or the roundabout.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,847
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimbob View Post
    Do you like living there Tim ????????
    I don't live there. I live a few miles away in Walton-on-Thames. Our justification for "on Thames" is it distinguishes us from the several other Walton's in the UK
    But Staines is my local club.

    As for the name, I don't really care. I interviewed the councillor Colin Davis quite extensiely and he put forward a surprisingly good case for the change (citing various polls whch had been conducted to see what the name Staines conjoured up thorughout the country). The business community pushed for it. In a public consultation, hardly anyone bothered to register in favour of the name change, but only half that number (who would presumably have been more vociferous and more likely to vote) voted against. The only real cost incurred is changing 10 "Welcome to" signs all of which have been sponsored by local businesses. Other signs will just be reworded when they are replaced at the end of their natural life.

    Do I like Walton? Whilst I spent 18 months the other side of the river in Sunbury-on-Thames and 17 years in Addlestone, I've never moved further than 6 miles from my place of birth, so I dont really know whether I like living here. It's convenient for London (though I only visit three or four times per year) and the countryside, so I'm certainly not complaining.
    Tim

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I don't live there. I live a few miles away in Walton-on-Thames. Our justification for "on Thames" is it distinguishes us from the several other Walton's in the UK
    But Staines is my local club.
    Got you Tim.

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    As for the name, I don't really care. I interviewed the councillor Colin Davis quite extensiely and he put forward a surprisingly good case for the change (citing various polls whch had been conducted to see what the name Staines conjoured up thorughout the country). The business community pushed for it. In a public consultation, hardly anyone bothered to register in favour of the name change, but only half that number (who would presumably have been more vociferous and more likely to vote) voted against. The only real cost incurred is changing 10 "Welcome to" signs all of which have been sponsored by local businesses. Other signs will just be reworded when they are replaced at the end of their natural life.
    Yes If they are going ahead then there must be a good reason to do so and changing a few signs wont break the bank.

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Do I like Walton? Whilst I spent 18 months the other side of the river in Sunbury-on-Thames and 17 years in Addlestone, I've never moved further than 6 miles from my place of birth, so I dont really know whether I like living here. It's convenient for London (though I only visit three or four times per year) and the countryside, so I'm certainly not complaining.
    The grass is always greener on the other side till you get there and then there is always somewhere else that looks greener ... If you are content where you are why move ??
    Like the guy in Africa who went searching for diamonds (mining) and never succeeded ...... after he died one of the biggest diamond mines was discovered on his property /land !!! He went searching for something that was right under his feet the whole time.
    Must admit I am very content where I live ..... I could live in a lot worse places ...very lucky


Similar Threads

  1. Move to the beat!
    By Inspiredcinematics in forum User Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 02:41 AM
  2. Next move.....
    By ecca in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
  3. Time to move on
    By Shrimpfarmer in forum User Videos
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 02:09 PM
  4. Clips won't move
    By frolovlad in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 06:17 PM
  5. How do I move on from AVI?
    By pault in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 10:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •