Thread: historical museum

1. Default historical museum

I like this a lot. You did a good job with it. There was some unusual sped up bits example during the cooking, why ? Was this intentional ?

Any way like I said I like this.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    There was some unusual sped up bits example during the cooking, why ? Was this intentional ?
    I rather liked the modern editing style as a contrast to the content. I'd never have thought of that. I was a bit frustrated by how dark it was - we seemed to lose a lot of detail in the shadows. But the shots were nicely composed and edited.

I thought the music was a bit too epic, but I understand the difficulty of finding music with exactly the right amount of drama.

Sorry, but for me there were just too many unfinished pans and far too many zooms. This started well with some nice slide shots and scene setting, but it was screaming out for some ambient sound of grunts and clashes. The music crescendos missed their mark in the edit too.
    This was an excellent location and deserves a little more thought in the edit. Apologies if it's too critical, but there's room for improvement.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

I found it quite boring. Sorry to be so negative but the images were all a bit weak for me. There was so much going on that you could have made something spectacular but it didn't quite hit the mark for me. In the same way the speed changes in the edit were "wrong" from a timing point of view. They didn't add anything. It's a bit like you wanted to put the effect in somewhere, anywhere and didn't fit the effect to the mood.
    I found the camera movements unfinished and sometimes unnecessary. If you're going to zoom, then finish on a composition. Also there were too many backs of heads. I like to see faces.

edit: This critique sounds a lot harder than it was meant!

My point is just that you need to concentrate more on your composition and camerawork. A movement, like a pan or zoom, needs to have a good composition at the start and the end of the move. Faces need to be seen and don't use effect (like speeding up footage) unless there is a reason. Otherwise it's not bad.

Oh, apart from the sound! There's one point where you have a woman explaining something, a conversation in the background and music with vocals, all at the same time. The poor listener doesn't know what he is supposed to be tuning his ear into.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 05-22-2012 at 01:43 PM.