Thread: adding a logo

Default adding a logo

hi! i have a home made video(mpeg2) and i'd like to add a logo.how can i do this? (i am newby in adobe premiere).
    after adding a logo , will i have to reencode it? or i only have to save as it is in mpeg2?
    thanks too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :

mpeg2 is not the best editing format unfortunately. Any chance you can go back to the original source footage? Was it a Premiere project that created the mpeg2 file you have?

If not then you'll want to convert the mpeg2 file to a better file type. I've not done this soothers here will give you the best advice on exactly how you might do this.

But once you have an editable format the job is easy in Premiere. In fact, your hardest job is creating the logo in the first place. You can either use Premiere title app whcih integrates seamlessly or if your logo is complicated then create it in your favourite drawing package (Photoshop. Paint Shop Pro, etc). Make sure you save it with a transparent background and tothe same dimensiosn as the video you are editing. Import into Premiere and simply place the graphic on a layer above the footage you want. Done!

thanks Mills
    answering your questions: unhappily, i cant go back to the original source footage and Premiere does not create this mpeg2 file.
    i have tried to convert this file to avi. but this file has 2 hours long, so when i tried to convert it. i discovered that the final file would be larger than my harddisk(80gb).
    i already have my logo and it is not complicated.
    i would like to know what would be considered a better file type(as you said) to reencode.
    after Importing the logo into Premiere and place the graphic on a layer above the footage, what should i do? save? : : i dont know much about adobe premiere.

Default adding a logo

thanks Mills
    answering your questions: unhappily, i cant go back to the original source footage and Premiere does not create this mpeg2 file.
    i have tried to convert this file to avi. but this file has 2 hours long, so when i tried to convert it. i discovered that the final file would be larger than my harddisk(80gb).
    i already have my logo and it is not complicated.
    i would like to know what would be considered a better file type(as you said) to reencode.
    after Importing the logo into Premiere and place the graphic on a layer above the footage, what should i do? save? : : i dont know much about adobe premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by caswwy
    i discovered that the final file would be larger than my harddisk(80gb).
    It shouldn't be. At DVD resolutions 2 hours of uncompresses footage should be about 24Gb

what would be considered a better file type to convert?[/quote]

Add logos and video watermarks to video by Vidlogo.
    VidLogo support AVI, BMP, JPEG graphic formats for logos. True Alpha in video is fuly supported!