Thread: Longboarding take 2

Default Longboarding take 2

MOVED because of one video per thread rule.

What do you think of my new video?
    Last edited by TimStannard; 05-18-2012 at 10:12 PM.

I think this is better than your first video but after about a minute I was wondering how much more there was to go by about 2 mins I gave up on it. This may have a lot to do with not really liking skate/long board videos usually but also the content although better than your first video is still lacking something.

Sorry I can't be more positive about this. To help you improve take a look at THIS VIDEO and compare it with yours. Things like the camera movement etc. make this a much more engaging video.

Well done on taking action and making a video about something you are your passionate about!
    The video link MB has given you will be very helpful..... I watched it then yours again and you can definitely take/learn from it to improve yours.
    I too thought the intro was too long in proportion to the total video length.
    I Liked the music and some of the footage especially tricks sections .
    Maybe to many effects for sake of effects but didn't think it was that bad.

Your second video is as a bit better but still can be improved (again look at the video MB linked for inspiration/ideas).

But hey equipment will dictate quality of footage to a large extent so I feel you have done really well in this video guys .

Like I said it can be improved (but what can't) .....

Anyway well done on getting something done !!!!!

Look forward to your next video.

thanks for all the help guys,
    one big thing i found in the video MB linked was it had more then just the skateboarding shots, so in a way that video is kind of telling a story ( The skateboarders life/personality)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Sorry I can't be more positive about this. To help you improve take a look at THIS VIDEO and compare it with yours. Things like the camera movement etc. make this a much more engaging video.
    Personally I prefer the video here (by spurling). It feels like a bunch of enthusisats and someone enthusiatically filming. The other feels like something posed for a professional video to me - there are some very nice shots - especally the ramping down to slo-mo, but it looks like a TV ad and is ful of dreadful fish-eye lens work. I'm not suggesting iwouldn't be proud to have produced it, it's way beyond my capabilities, but I feel more like I'm enjoying a day out with spurling and his mates with this one.Obviously everyone else will disagree with me, but that's what makes the world go round (well, that and gravity)
    Tim