Thread: Two different cameras filming at different resolutions. What to render as?

Default Two different cameras filming at different resolutions. What to render as?

My camcorder filmed 1080 @ 50 but my wearable camera recorded 720@60. I have no idea what to render it as. I matched the media settings with my camcorder before i rendered but this has made my wearable camera footage all choppy. I use vegas, cheers.

This may not be helpful to you but I have mixed frame rates etc. in Vegas before with no issues. One tip I heard but not tested by me was to put make sure you keep the different formats on different tracks. Whether thats true or not I don't know. A work around if you really can't solve this would be to put all the 60fps footage on the time line and render it out at 50fps. Then use that for your project.

I hope some of this is useful to you, it's all just "internet stuff" that I've not tested myself.

Downscale your 1080 footage to 720, scaling the 720 up to match will lose image quality as you found out, scaling the 1080 down to match the 720 will go much better. Your also probably best to work in 50, you don't say i or p, either way it is more likely to convert better that way.

David.

cheers lads, very helpful Rivington - Ascroft on claudia - YouTube