Thread: Panasonic HDC-TM700?

Default Panasonic HDC-TM700?

I have been looking for my first AVCHD and most places/reviews took me to this one. As i am into sports and like filiming my mates in action and then making video's out of them, people have said in their reviews that this camera is suitable for that kind of thing. Also i want to start getting into recording other everyday stuff like scenery for example and i'm sure pretty much anything else as well! The TM700 is maybe a bit advanced for me as i have never owned one like it but its affordable and i am looking to start a media/video making/filming course if attempting to teach myself fails. I was also wondering if the camera would work with sony vegas(stupid question but i just want to make sure). Answers or opinions to any of the above would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, George.

Hi George I have thesd700 which apart from media storage is identical to the tm700. Even though as you mention you're a beginner, With mic input and headphone socket it should see right for a good while. Battery life is good, and double power after market battery's are cheap on eBay. It has a good range of onboard audio recording settings Fromm mono right thought to 5.1.

I can highly recommend it. Keep an eye on the user video section as I'll soon be posting a short film I made exclusively with the sd 700.

Ace, thats just what i wanted to hear! Whats the price difference between the sd and the tm? The twin memory records on built in memory and an sd card right?
    Last edited by Slads; 05-14-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Dunno what the price difference is. At the time I bought mine I think it was around 50 extra the TM. Thing is with SD cards being as cheap as they are now, is it as cost effective to go with on board memory ? I forgot to mention there is a little noise from the built in fan but in every day use this is not intrusive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slads View Post
    .. and i am looking to start a media/video making/filming course if attempting to teach myself fails
    Consider joining a camcorder club. They tend to be full of old men and traditonalists, but they are desperate for new blood and there are always one or two around who are gizmo freaks and know all about (and own) the latest technologies. Amateut filmmaking clubs in the UK generally come under the umbrella of the IAC.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Consider joining a camcorder club. They tend to be full of old men and traditonalists, but they are desperate for new blood and there are always one or two around who are gizmo freaks and know all about (and own) the latest technologies.
    yup, we have one in our club. TBH, if it wasnt for him i probably wouldnt be bothering.

OP asked about Vegas. I use Vegas studio v10 which accepts 1080i - you need VS v11 for 1080p (and it does 3Das well as having a natty animated Text editor).
    If you are buying the pro-version then my understandiing is the "p" came in 2010 . . . but check spec before buying.

-You will need a fairly modern PC to do the editiing.

Pana SD700 is a good choice from what I read. The vid + audio features mean you'll be able to take advantage of a vid course . . .but joining a Filmakers is a good option, but don't expect such a fast-track to the top.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    joining a Filmakers is a good option, but don't expect such a fast-track to the top.
    Definitely not. But it can be good for getting different opinions and for boosting one's confidence.
    (It's also handy if you want a second camera or someone to hold a boom pole from time to time)
    Tim

Just bought a SD800 today, i couldnt find the 700 anywhere!