Thread: Problem with 720x480 resolution

Default Problem with 720x480 resolution

I have video with resolution 720x480, but when they play above and below the video is black. I tried to resize them with virtualdub on 640x480 resolution, but the video on the left and right side not visible whole.
    I want to resize them and watch them full screen, without a visible black, video see the whole.
    How do I achieve this?
    Please help me to solve this problem.

Thank You!

What tools do you have ?

My aspect ratio is 4:3. I never like 16:09. I have 19 inch flat square display (LCD). I play video with BSplayer. Video is raw AVI 720x480. My operating system is Windows XP Professional SP3. I use Virtualdub.

I'm not familiar with Virtualdub but from what I can find out you can't "crop" video with it. Why would you want to, if a movie is 16:9 then watch it in 16:9 just because you have a 4:3 screen. The only way to make it 4:3 without squashing it, is to chop bits off the side of the image. I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that so learn to enjoy the movie with a letter box. OR get a tool that can crop video. Most video editing programs can do this for example Sony Vegas studio.

You have 3 options, the first 2 you've already tried.

1 Watch with a letter box (your black bars above and below to fit the 16:9 in a 4:3 screen).
    2 Crop the sides to lose part of the picture, which you don't like either
    3 Resize the picture horizontally, or change the PAR to get this same result. This displays the picture squashed/distorted.

I'm also all for the letter box method being best. But cropping can work if you can look into "Pan and Scan". The 3rd option isn't very good at all.

David.

This film is not 16:9. I always hated that format and do not want to use it and never see it.
    My video does not play 16:9. You want to say that 720x480 screen looks 4:3 monitor as 16:9? is
    it possible to stretch the picture a little up and down until it disappears black? Is there any videoeditor that just stretch the video up and down, and then save the output file as crucified?