Thread: Exporting from vegas to mpeg- More contrasty?

Default Exporting from vegas to mpeg- More contrasty?

Im in the process of comparing between different versions of a scene but I think it gets contrasty when exported to mpeg-2 highest settings. Anyone see this too?
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Yes I suffer from this. It has been touched upon recently in this forum which indicated it could be due to the differences between studio RGB and computer RGB. I was told that if you un-tick "use colour management" on the preview device of the preferences or even play around with these setting, it might help. It did work a bit for me but not 100%. I have a feeling it is something to do with the way the codec works and the driver of the graphics card and possibly the monitor but to be honest I haven't found a real solution. I was also told by Tim that it has been discussed on the Sony Vegas forum so there might be something on there that might help you.

You should try rendering in SAVE AS TYPE: Sony AVC.........it'll give you a mp4 file.
    You could also try adjusting your Preview settings.....cuase the higher quality file should match your screen the closest. I used to render to mpeg, my project properties was in HD, for DVD and I noticed it would be more FLAT/LESS CONTRAST.

MP4 doesnt give me that problem.

I used to render to mpeg, my project properties was in HD, for DVD and I noticed it would be more FLAT/LESS CONTRAST.
    So your saying you had the opposite problem ? That's interesting. I've tried mpg4 but could never get a satisfactory result from it. I know others like it but I just can't get the clarity from it that I get with mpeg2. This could be something to do with the format of my original footage but I'm just guessing.