Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Need you opinions and suggestion with Vegas!

1. Question Hi! Need you opinions and suggestion with Vegas!

Hello, everyone! Some of my buddies call me BJ so you can call me by that, lol, and here's a summary of why I'm here: I race XC (cross-country) on my ATV, and I LOVE making videos from all my races, practice sessions, etc.! I have a GoPro 960, I will have more GoPros soon! Anyway, I'm currently using Vegas 9 on our Windows Vista PC. This set up has done good so far, but I'm itching to get a/some better version(s) of Vegas... My biggest question is should I just buy the big-dawg Vegas Pro for $600, or would I be better off going with a combo of like Platinum 11 and Visual Effects?! And/or any others? I would love to buy a laptop and have it mainly for this editing: that's another question for later... What I don't want to do is save up a bunch of money, buy what I think will be good enough for even better editing later on, and then find out I should've just gone with Vegas Pro or something else... I don't want to tell you everything I plan on doing with my videos later on, some of it I want to be a secret... But, some of it is visual effects like smoke, fire, rain, lighting, etc. etc. I've looked at the softwares and they all could handle what my BIG plans are for later on with no sweat... Next question: any preferences on a laptop brand/model? I was thinking a Windows 7 with at least 2gb of RAM, etc. I'd rather buy more than enough computer than not enough... But I can't spend $2,000... LoL!

If anyone has other ideas and opinions please post em up! Again, I'd have to save up for whatever I buy, but I like to find out what I'll need early in the game...! Thanks for reading, and meanwhile check out my youtube channel! Peace out!

McLamb213 - YouTube

With Vegas you can buy the small versions and then at a later date it's cheaper to upgrade to the Pro version so you're covered that way. The other thing to consider is what can't you do with what you have now that you want to do and then make sure what ever you get can do it. Or if your current software does all you need then why not stick with it. If that make sense.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    With Vegas you can buy the small versions and then at a later date it's cheaper to upgrade to the Pro version so you're covered that way. The other thing to consider is what can't you do with what you have now that you want to do and then make sure what ever you get can do it. Or if your current software does all you need then why not stick with it. If that make sense.
    Ok, cool, thanks! So, if I bought something other than Pro than when I DO buy Pro later on it'll be cheaper...??? Right? The main thing I wanna do right now is add visual effects like the fire, smoke, etc. V9 don't do that... Plus I like the thing to take out the shakiness! Thanks!

when I DO buy Pro later on it'll be cheaper...??? Right?
    Yes.

If you want to do special effects like smoke and flames you can do it with what you have but something like After Effects is really made for this sort of thing.

5. Default

Thanks!

"This sort of thing" meaning???

Blog Entries

Special fx such as smoke and flames

Blog Entries

Particle Illusion is good for just particles - smoke & flames for example.

You can also download just smoke and flame footage with a transparent background if you don't want to create it yourself. (Form sites like Detonation Films)
    Tim

8. Default

Oh, ok, pretty much what I thought, there... Thanks!...

Yeah, I would want to create it myself: one thing is make it look like the titles are on fire... LOL!!! Thanks guys!

Anyone else?

The cut down version of Vegas has the ability to take the shakinesss out of the clip

10. Default

Oook, I found nothing called that in my version: Im assuming it has to do with another VS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast