Thread: How to convert this mp4 to make it play smoother?

Default How to convert this mp4 to make it play smoother?

Hello!

I have a Sanyo HD1000 camcorder. I love the colors of the recordings, but when I record in 1080i, the mp4's I get don't play smooth. There are some small jumps here and there in the video, and the playback is also a bit jerky. The max. setting on this camcorder is 1080i 60 fields per second (the actual framerate in that case is 30fps in spite of it, however). It cannot record Full HD in progressive, but from 720 to lower rates, it records in p. The recordings I did in 720p play much more smoother, the image stabilization is better in those videos, there are way much less jumps and jerkiness. But in 720p interestingly the colors and details are not as good as in 1080i. So I stick to recording in 1080i.

Here is a sample video recorded with my camcorder in 1080i:
    https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/eTTRKc...f4801093614b15

(it is on a fast download server)

So as I said, this video is jerky here and there, and doesn't play continuously, there are small jumps here and there, even if I watch it on my HDTV that supprts 60i.

My question is, would it be possible to make the videos of my camcorder, like the one above, to play smoothly? To play continuously, without jumps and jerkiness.

Somebody examined these videos earlier, and he reported that the actual framerate is only 30fps in 1080i in these videos, not 60. Is it possible that the video doesn't play flawlessly my HDTV because it supports 1080i only in 60/50HZ? These videos of my camcorder doesn't play smoothly on my laptop either, anyway.

I would be thankful if you could give me ideas and guide on how to improve the playback quality of these mp4. I love the colors, so I would really miss this camcorder if I should use a different one. I am interested in converting solutions mostly, not solutions like how to set video player softwares. I would like to save the improvements, so later I could give the videos to friends, too, without problems.
    Last edited by Chrystall; 05-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris198810 View Post
    Hi, dear
    You can try to deinterlace your 1080i recordings generated from Sanyo HD1000 and then play the deinterlaced MP4 on your TV. I think that will be better. You can find a video coonverter that supports deinterlacing. Here I recommend you the tool I'm using now Brorsoft Video Converter. This tool has a trial version, so you can download it and have a try first.
    My problem is that I tried several softwares, and none worked. None deinterlaced it smoothly. I wonder if there is any software that can do a good job.