Thread: Which software should I choose for audio?

Question Which software should I choose for audio?

I don't really have knowledge about audio, I do video editing but I'm not familiar with audio since those jobs (when required) are made by another guy, not me.

I want to make logos and identity from scratch (like the ones on AudioJungle), which software should I choose for this?

I would like a software that already comes with some nice sound gallery to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by scabrera View Post
    I don't really have knowledge about audio, I do video editing but I'm not familiar with audio since those jobs (when required) are made by another guy, not me.

I want to make logos and identity from scratch (like the ones on AudioJungle), which software should I choose for this?

I would like a software that already comes with some nice sound gallery to play with.
    If you are on a Mac I would recommend Logic as a great Audio DAW platform for those that want to take enough time to get proficient at sound work. It does have a steep learning curve though. On a more basic level there's Garageband.

There is a freeware music creation program called LMMS available at sourceforge.net. It has some loops that come with it and isn't too difficult to get your head round after a bit of practise.

Any program in the upper league is great for your needs. Also garage band wwhich comes with any new mac you buy these days is a wonderful software you can go your first steps with. Cubase, Ableton live, Reason, Protools and the like are fantastic also. Just get trial versions or use garage band first. It will take a long time until you will need a "bigger" software than garage band!!

I did all my stuff on logic pro 9 and Ableton...