Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback Required Please

Default Feedback Required Please

I'd be very grateful if you would give me feed back on this video. For example am I fooling myself that the sound is ok etc...

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 05-10-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Only skirted through this, but (for me) the interviews sounded echoey (unless you recorded in the outside lavvy on purpose ) + the mix of show lines + interview didn't work too well and I'd be tempted to drop the audio on these, though it will sound totally different if the interview audio can be beefed up to take the echo away. Hope this helps.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Thanks Zero, Yes the interviews are echoey, I made the mistake of forgetting my head phones so just had to go by meters on the camera so didn't realise until it was too late just how much room was being picked up. The room wasn't much bigger than an outside lavvy and then the air-con kept turning on and off. I had two hours to do 10 interviews, etc.....is that enough excuses. I know I should have done better. I am disappointed that you thought the rehearsal footage mixed with the interviews didn't work. I do need footage mixed with them to cover the chopped up interviews. I have tried a little work on improving the audio but taking the room out of it is impossible (for me) any tips ?

Thanks for your valued input.

I'm very much a beginner, so I wouldn't take my comments too seriously, but

The audio is certainly a bit echoey, but not to the point that it's distracting or anything like that. I would up the brightness and contrast just a tad on some of the shots, eg the one about 22 seconds in looks a little bit dark and dingy. Only minor points though, it looks really well put together.

All in put is valuable. You actually spotted a clip I missed when "grading". So thanks. It's possible I've missed others as I did swap a few and was rushing. I'm so lame with my excuses.

Hi MB, The rehearsal footage is fine, just mute the audio to avoid mixing the 2. I'm sure your audio editor will be able to take the echo out.
    .p.s. I've fallen for monitoring the meters myself a few times too. So busy making sure we get the shots/wb/iris/focus, we forget the bleedin obvious like ambience.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Thanks for the clarification about the rehearsal clips. I was wondering whether to include the audio in them or not.

Hi MB

I liked the interview footage but agree with the comments (ie) echo (hearing the room) .....what mic did you use ???? Did yo use your Zoom ??????
    I agree with Foodage it isn't that bad to prevent watching or ruining the video but yes I do hear it .
    What is this for ??? (ie) does the sound have to be perfect (application & audience etc ) .....paid work ??????? So client demands it be very high quality ??????????????????

I must admit I didn't spot the 22 second problem Foodage picked up on ..... well spotted

I like the text you used and the animation.

I thought the editing and mixing both interview and rehearsal footage worked for me but Zero's idea about muting the rehearsal footage is a good idea to experiment with to see how it works ????

Sorry I can't offer any more constructive feedback pal .

Basically I think it was a well made video in a less than ideal environment with a slight sound issue but not a patch on some of your other videos in my opinion .

But I sense it isn't meant to be.

Hi Bob, thanks for dropping by. This video is part of a "DVD extras" I'll be adding on to a DVD of a play I shot. I'm doing it for nothing (as usual). It will be sold to the members of the drama group to help raise funds for them. I should have and could have done better with the interview sounds and I was kicking my self when I heard it. If you notice the last interview (The Director) sounds fine, I used the same shot gun mic (Sennheiser ME66) for them but didn't place it close enough for the rest of the interviews and didn't realise because I didn't have my head phones so I could monitor the sound (dumb ass).

Because the intended audience are the people in it, I'm not to worried about it being a bit dull for the general viewer but I do want them to be entertain a by it and feel they have got there moneys worth. I do strive to do as professional a job as I can.

Thanks again Bob.

I'm sure everyone in the cast whowatch this will be thrilled with the video you've made. It's a really well shot, edited and documented piece. It's only us asskickers that will notice the fine tweaking needed to make it exceptional, which is what we all aim for. The times I've kicked myself up the arse for missing silly things that I should/could have done on the shoot are endless.
    We all learn from critiquing (is that a real word, or has Blackadders Dr. Johnson got work to do?) demos like this!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast