Thread: MP4 - no custom button(-> low quality vid); Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9

Default MP4 - no custom button(-> low quality vid); Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9

Hello.
    i recorded some ingame gameplay with fraps, it is currently 20 gb big, looks fantastic and i want to compress it.
    I tried Sony Vegas and watched a tutorial how to prepare Videos because i just used the standard settings and looked a bit awful. I then found out i cannot use the custom button, it is grayed out and i do not know why.
    I then tried rendering it with one of the two available settings,
    which is this
    J2yqp.png
    rendered it and got an "ok" video in 480p (i assume its 480 p, the second number counts, right? and there is no such thing as 640p on youtube). My internet is kinda slow but i still want it to be 720p. But i couldn't follow the tutorial i found because there is no custom button available for me.
    Is there any other video format which compresses much without losing quality? The best would be if i could fix this custom button problem though.

I am using a Dualcore and 4 gb ram and a recently bought grapic card, so that should not be the problem, correct me if i'm wrong. But i am new to this so i am appreciating your help! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by twoplay; 05-06-2012 at 04:02 PM.

I would try making a .wmv (Windows Media Video) you should get a reasonable quality video which is much reduced in size. Use the HD 720-25p or HD 720-30p depending on the frame fate of the original footage.

Thank you, having another problem now because i switched to Sony Vegas 11 Pro Trial, i make a new thread i guess because the subject changed a bit, if that is ok.