Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 11 - "An error occurred while creating the media file"

Question Sony Vegas Pro 11 - "An error occurred while creating the media file"

Hello!

I've been working with Sony Vegas for quite a while and it has been working without a glitch, however, now I'm scratching my head as my projects have come to a screeching halt since I no longer am able to render my videos.

The format I am using is MainConcept AVC/AAC (*.mp4). Please note that the following problem only applies to this format. If I choose wmv instead, it works, but unfortunately it lacks the quality that I'm looking for (and the rendering times are horrendous).

When I try to choose to render anything using MainConcept AVC/AAC (1080p/720p/480p etc) the following error is displayed just before the rendering starts: "An error occurred while creating the media file filename.mp4. The reason for the error could not be determined."

I have tried to find a solution on the internet have done the following to try and solve my problem:
    Uninstalled quicktime.
    Updated to the latest version (which I believe is build 595)
    Checked the HD space (1.4 TB)
    Checked that the name was not already taken.

The only thing that have "worked" so far was to go into the Custom Settings on the MainConcept AVC/AAC format and change from "Automatic" to "Render using CPU only" in the Encode mode roll down window. However, this defeats the purpose of having a good graphics card, like I do. Things render at least twice as slow, and black spots in the videos (after they have rendered) can be seen as the CPU is seemingly struggling to handle the render.

I have, however, just recently upgraded from a GTX 580 card to a GTX 680. Could this be the culprit? I would have to see such a powerful GFX card being unusable in a video editing program!

Computer specs
    CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7-960, 3333 MHz (25 x 133)
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58
    RAM: 12 GB
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (2048 MB)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

/David
    Last edited by Reclusiarch; 05-01-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added a few more things I tried that didn't work.

Can happen if you have a file of the same name in the folder you want to render into, and the file is looked so cannot be over written.

There is not enough space on the drive...

Or as you have done remove GPU (sorry)

Hello and thanks for answering!

Oh, forgot to mention I've already tried those things. I have 1.4 TB left on the drive, and there's no files with the same name either (I do remember solving this problem once before by renaming the file, but that was some time ago).

Thanks anyway!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reclusiarch View Post
    I have, however, just recently upgraded from a GTX 580 card to a GTX 680. Could this be the culprit? I would have to see such a powerful GFX card being unusable in a video editing program!
    Quite possibly. I have a friend who upgraded to a high spec video card and it took several patches to Vegas Pro and revisions of the graphics drivers before it would work without crashing. Keep checking for revised drivers.
    Tim

Thank you, I'll be doing that!

No luck so far. I'll comment on this thread after there's new drivers for my GFX card or a Sony Vegas update. So far it seems that GPU accelerated rendering does NOT work on GTX 680.

Also: "GPU-accelerated rendering with the MainConcept AVC format can fail if your system has an NVIDIA CUDA driver but no NVIDIA CUDA-capable GPU is installed. This will result in an error dialog when as soon as you try to render with the MainConcept AVC format. To fix this, uninstall the NVIDIA CUDA driver, or Render using CPU Only in the Customize Render Dialogue." - Not sure what CUDA is though! is it part of the drivers I download?

EDIT: Ok, just clicked the "Check GPU" in the custom setting in the MainConcept options, it said CUDA is available, so I guess it's not that that's the problem.
    Last edited by Reclusiarch; 05-06-2012 at 07:53 PM.

This is driving me insane. I'm having the same problem and rendering with "only cpu" is killing me.

You have the same graphics card as me (GTX 680)?
    Last edited by Reclusiarch; 05-07-2012 at 05:02 PM.

gtx 680? if so yes.

Ah, yes, that's the one. Hmm, that's interesting. Two people with the same problem with the same card. Maybe we should just hope for a Sony Vegas and/or new drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast