Thread: Porthleven food festival.

Blog Entries

Default Porthleven food festival.

Started at 10am, finished by 2pm, the first of the village's tourist events for the year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_drdC4LP7iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Porthleven Food Festival 2012 - YouTube

Equipment : Canon HF11, secondhand off ebay and imovie.

Usual coda, I went there to enjoy the food and atmosphere, not to make a video but, let's face it, anyone serious about videomaking just can't help but filming something...

Blog Entries

Blimey Rob - that looked impresively busy! I didn't realise Greek and Carribean food had reached Doc Martin's land. How very multicultural the Cornish have become.
    I thought it captured the event very well (though I wasn't there so it may have given a totally misleading impression). I liked the Samba Band mix of shots. However, Samba bands become very irritating very quickly so I'm glad you didn't dwell on them for too long. A nice endng too - I'm sure you used similar for the dragon boat event or something.
    Tim

The thing I noticed is how you got all the right shots, for example going really high when in the crowd, the carrying the plate of food shot and how many different angles did you get of the samba drummers. I guess this is down to the 20 years experience you have BUT you didn't bother with a tripod ?

As Tim said it was nice editing, perfectly paced for the piece.

Blog Entries

The missus would go beserk if I took a tripod with me on a "day out". I've tried sneaking out with a monopod and get the "You can leave THAT at home" look. So I go minimum-kit and enjoy the experience instead of just trying to make a video.

The Samba band had already got very irritating by the end of the first bar but a friend is in it so it had to be longer than the three and a half seconds I would normally have used.

The fact that I use my local pub for the ending of most of my village videos is because that's where we end up most of the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    The fact that I use my local pub for the ending of most of my village videos is because that's where we end up most of the time.
    And I suppose that as you're on the other side of the harbour, it's always someone else's round
    Tim