Thread: When They're Gone

Default When They're Gone

Hey dudes, haven't posted anything here for a long time, but check out my new short film:

When They're Gone (Post-Apocalyptic Short Film) - YouTube

Looking forward to hearing some actual good feedback.
    Last edited by Dav7DB; 04-30-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Quite a nice looking film. The day for night didn't really work for me. BUT the rest of it was shot very well. For me it was more like an introduction rather than a self contained movie as nothing really happened except getting to know the character.

The audio was fine but could have done with more ambient sounds.

ditto to all of MBs comments.
    something I noticed, the jacket he was wearing was too new, I kinda wanted to know where he got a new jacket from... I could see it was too big, maybe the idea was he'd lost weight from lack of food, that made sense, but had he been sleeping and living in it for a few weeks, i'd expect it to be dirtier.

it sounds silly but things like that allow the mind to wonder from the story... sorry! :/

Thanks guys! I'm really happy you want to see more in terms of story and stuff, we're actually about to turn this into a web series. I figure this will kinda be more of a preview of what I'm working on that I can show people throughout production.
    Last edited by Dav7DB; 04-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Fuzzymuffin and Midnight have said it all (nearlY)
    Horrible jump cut at 1:20 highlights the need to have a selection of shots and cutaways available to patch up joins like this (presumably the original shot was too long and/or he had trouble getting the paper out ofthe bag)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Fuzzymuffin and Midnight have said it all (nearlY)
    Horrible jump cut at 1:20 highlights the need to have a selection of shots and cutaways available to patch up joins like this (presumably the original shot was too long and/or he had trouble getting the paper out ofthe bag)
    You are right sir, that shot was in-fact too long.