Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Forever Together' - 5-minute Short Film Shot in Hong Kong!

Default 'Forever Together' - 5-minute Short Film Shot in Hong Kong!

I am a filmmaker from Scotland but I was in Hong Kong at the start of the month and shot this. Comments are very welcome.

Blog Entries

It's unusual for me to be stuck for words but I don't really know what i thought of it. It was simple enough and well enough told, but I didn't realy feel I cared about the protaganist - which seems a bit unfair as he was pouring his heart out.
    Tim

when with the other actors the main talent looked awkward/camera shy I cant decide if that's the part he was playing or whether thats how it really was?! good colours well edited and really good audio what was it recorded with?

Thanks for the comments! The actor was supposed to be playing it awkwardly because it was the first time he had met the girl. The audio was recorded using a Sennheiser 4116 shotgun microphone with a Zoom H4n Audio Recorder.

5. Default

Very well done. So simple and so heavy at the same time. I love the time lapse at the end. What intervals between shots did you use?
    you defined the parts of the short nicely with mix of color and black and white, although I would have switched it arround (color - good times, blak/white - sorrow) I also noticed the color saturation in some instances were of the chart. Was it intentional?
    All in all - nicelly done

It was intentional. The colouring was a slight experiment with this film but I am fairly happy with the results. Thank You so much for your comment.

Firstly let me say I thought this was well made technically. Story wise was a little confusing. It's the classic boy gets girl, boy looses girl tale but the narration and the images didn't quite work for me in places. For example he says about being back in Scotland but the images are of him moping around Hong Kong. Shouldn't he be happy when he's there. It's just seemed a confusing edit in that way for me. Another observation is that during the montarge all the shots were from around the same distance. I would have liked to have seen some extreme close ups etc.

Finally when we see him at around 3:45 with his creased denim shirt, I thought we were going to get a happy ending as he seeming ly arrives back in Hong Kong and the music changes. Well that's the way the edit looks to me. So I was dissapointed that it never happend.

Quote Originally Posted by gdn35 View Post
    . The audio was recorded using a Sennheiser 4116 shotgun microphone w.
    OK, Thanks. thst the second time this mic has been mentioned when I've questioned it.

I'll agree with that Midnight - where was the ending we all wanted? lol

Good poetry, and good filming - you seem as though you have a good budget too - it's nice to see it is worthwhile.

I'll agree with that Midnight - where was the ending we all wanted? lol
    So you are a bit of a romantic as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast