Thread: Cinema look

1. Default Cinema look

A very nice looking piece. What is it for. It's well edited apart from a jump cut at around 4:00 mins.

Apart from putting a Green tint on it what else did you do ?

3. Default

Thanks Yes i did very special combination off filters by FCP X
    ok hie ist- Yanobox-Modes Green 01
    Shefield softworks -vibrance+Superglame

Blog Entries

I have removed the three duplicate posts of this which you put in other sections. Please do not spam.
    Tim

5. Default

Sorry i didnt know

thought the green tint was over done in many places.... even hair looked green ! nicely shot and edited but cried out for some ambient sound .... the crackle from the fire, horses hooves on the soft ground general chatter between people ....
    i know at these events theuy usually stage battles would be nice to get some of that action in there.

Nice piece

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the Windcharger View Post
    Sorry i didnt know
    No problem. If you think a film is relevant to more than one section, just post the film once in the most relevant section, then post a link to that thread in the other sections. That way boring old farts like me who read just about everything on here will be aware if we've already viewed it or not.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    I thought it was my monitor - as the green tinge didn't extend to the flesh tones.
    Maybe not in the highs but all the skin shadows were green. I have to say I didn't think the look did the content justice.

I'd like to know a bit more about this film. Did you put the whole thing together or was this from a Roman Re-Enactment Society's day out? If the latter (which I suspect) you've done a great job of making it look like a scene setting piece for an epic (maybe the sort of scene setting that runs under a long list of credits at the beginning).

I agree with enc about adding some ambient sound to give it a bit of life and Midnight about the jump cut - but I saw other shots which felt more like jump cuts than clever edits. For example the bowl making at the beginning felt OK - it was clear we were sompressing time through a process, whereas the cut at 0:27 neither compressed time nor were the shots different enough to avoid the feel of a jump cut.

There are elements of careless editing. The shot from 10-13 secs is not ideal in that it is a zoom out followed by a tilt (I'd suggest one or the other in one shot) but then we see the beginning of another zoom out just before the cut into the next shot. There are also several changes of exposure left in the edit: 0:30 and the banner at 3:46 are two examples.

Funnily enough these would probably be much less noticable if the film was just left as a recording of events and not trying to look "cinematic" - where everything is so damn perfect.

I love some of the shots - the close-ups of the hands weaving and doing the pottery are great and there's some fine detail in there. You seem to have an eye for a good shot. But there's also stuff which shouldn't have been included and I thought the look rather spoiled it. Sorry!
    Tim