Thread: Problem with DN60

Default Problem with DN60

Hi all,

I bought a Datavideo DN60 in January to replace an aging Firestore FS4 which was destroyed when I got run over by a ship (don't ask).

I like the DN60 firstly for its solid state construction and compactness but also for its relative ease of use (it's certainly no more difficult to use than the Firestore).

However, I am having a problem which is infuriating me and is making the DN60 unusable. The problem is this:

I have the DN60 connected to my DSR570 recording in parallel with 'Sync to Tape' on. I have to record in parallel as there is no full camera control if the camera is recording to an EXT recorder only. Full camera control is important to the way I work.

I am using recommended SanDisk Ultra 16Gb cards.

Now...during recording and at no particular point in time, the DN60 will stop recording to the card! It still has a connection to the camera as indicated by 'PARA' in the viewfinder and it rund timecode with the camera but it does not record as is indicated by an absence of the 'REC2' indication in the viewfinder.

I have tried everything to fix this but to no avail. I have tried changing every parameter that can be changed, changed the cable and the obvious switching off/on.

The only thing that works (albeit temporarily) is inserting another CF card, but then it is only a matter of time before the problem happens again.

Heeeeeeellllpppp!!

How long does it last before stops. From what your describing, it seems like it thinks the cards are full so stops it's self. I presume they are formatted ok and are really 16Gb cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    How long does it last before stops. From what your describing, it seems like it thinks the cards are full so stops it's self. I presume they are formatted ok and are really 16Gb cards.
    There is no specific time before it stops. It has stopped at 7mins, 29 mins... completely random. It is strange because I get no error message at all. The display still picks up the rolling timecode from the camera but does not show a continuing recording time.

The cards are SanDisk Ultra 16Gb which are recommended by Datavideo. I hace three of these and the problem occurs with all of them, so I think I can rule out iffy media.

I have today updated the firmware and tested it as best I can so far with no problems but, as I say, the fault is completely random so could possibly still occur. If it does then I can only assume it is a faulty unit and arrange for its return....watch this space.