Thread: Creating different colour text

1. Default Creating different colour text

Hi everyone,

I am using Vegas movie studio HD 11. I want to make a title for my video titled "USA 2011". I would like to make the "U" red, the "S" white and the "A" blue. This programme will not let me change single letters. When I change one letter, the whole word changes to that colour.

Please help???

That's true in VS v10 that I use. Called Legacy Titler in yr version.
    Have you tried the Pro Titler?, that allows fancy effects and I'd expect changing colurs is one.

However, if it won't, then you can stack two transparent Legacy titles , one Blue, one Red (say), which is almost the same thing, except it may be very tedious if you want Keyframing techniques.
    Finally the "dirty" method is to film it as titles. If it's a small part of the screen, no-one should notice . . . do it as PIP.

Of course there may be a better solution: - but so far I've managed to avoid multi-colours and now I know why.
    It would be easier to use a jpeg of the US flag, just slightly opaque (ie darker), so the text stands out sharply. Or better still a short vid of flag flutteriing - again slightly opaque and maybe a degree of gausian blur...

Let us know how yor fix this.
    Others may find it useful.....
    Last edited by vidmanners; 04-22-2012 at 02:07 AM.

3. Default

HI Vidmanner,

I dont really want to spend $300 on Pro Titler, Can you please explain option 2 in dummies for me as I am quite new to this? (stacking 2 transparent legacy titles)

Thanks

Put each letter on a different track with transparent background on top of each other and position them as needed. The easiest thing to do is create the title in a graphics program and bring that into Vegas.