Thread: How to make these types of videos? What software to use?

I can't which specific piece of software was used to make the video but it's just standard stuff that could be made with Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Adobe etc.....

Hi,
    Lots of thanks for ur kind reply.
    I am testing with cyberlink power director 10, Pinnacle studio 12, Wondershare Video Studio Express v1.2.0, Blufftitler, AVS Video Editor but I am happy with none of them. I want to do those type of videos as well...

So can u suggest me any software that I can use for them or do u think I should stick with the current ones I m using and master them well.

Thanks again

I use Sony Vegas Pro. It will do everything in that video and more. Depending on your finances you might like to go for Sony Vegas Studio it's the same as the pro version but has less whistles and bells but is still very capable of producing a video like your example. I've never use Adobe Elements but I think it's also capable of all the elements in this video. FCP is only any good for you if you have a Mac.

Once you have familiarised yourself with the basics of which ever you use, then do a search on YouTube for a tutorial on producing what is called "lower thirds" which is the term for the moving text etc.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dsouravs View Post
    Hi,
    I am testing with cyberlink power director 10, Pinnacle studio 12, Wondershare Video Studio Express v1.2.0, Blufftitler, AVS Video Editor but I am happy with none of them.
    I personally loath the above packages I'd say ditch them as quickly as you can, I shudder at the thought of having to edit on those packages.

Get a trial of sony Vegas or adobe premier elements, see which one you like the most and then grab it.

Blog Entries

BluffTitler is a great package if you need a very flexible 3D titling program with particle effects.
    Not really a video editor though!
    Tim

Hi Tim and Bpotter...Thanks for the reply.
    Midnight Blue...
    I saw the site of sony vegas pro and their sys. req. doesnt suits mine...I m also not in a position to upgrade my system right now.
    I though can run Adobe After Effects CS4 in my system...
    So will it be a good decision to go for After effects?

I think I dont know what software are suitable for what...

Thnx and sorry for confusing everybody

I doubt you will be able to run After Effects any better than Vegas but if I'm wrong then that's good for you. I suppose it depends what you will be doing with it once you get bored with simple 2D text etc. After Effects is a great tool for 3D text manipulation so have fun with it.