Thread: Copy Pre-recorded DVD to MacBook Pro, help plz~

Default Copy Pre-recorded DVD to MacBook Pro, help plz~

I want to copy pre-recorded DVD's to my MacBook pro. I am a cricket fan and I want to copy the 2005 and 2009 ashes series to my MacBook pro so I can show them in the States when I go there later on this year. Can anyone help me in getting started or give me some pointers as to how I do it? I would appreciate any help offered.
    PS: a friend of mine said i should use Handbrake, but acctually i dont know how and its embarrassed to ask him again:(

Default Copy Pre-recorded DVD to MacBook Pro, help plz~

Quote Originally Posted by Boome View Post
    I want to copy pre-recorded DVD's to my MacBook pro. I am a cricket fan and I want to copy the 2005 and 2009 ashes series to my MacBook pro so I can show them in the States when I go there later on this year. Can anyone help me in getting started or give me some pointers as to how I do it? I would appreciate any help offered.
    PS: a friend of mine said i should use Handbrake, but acctually i dont know how and its embarrassed to ask him again:(
    U could use HB 0.9.6, it has the preset for MBP. But sorry dude, thats all i could say about HB, cuz i havent used it for a long time. I swift to a commercial program with similar functions, macx dvd ripper pro, u know, its hard to handle all those parameter stuff on HB, and this substitution has set those nasty parameters for u.

Since the videos have been recorded to a DVD, which means all of them have been encrypted, you need to decrypt the DVD and then you can copy them to your MacBook pro. Handbrake is a free ripper and it can help you rip your DVD but I think the quality and the time the process will take will not satisfy you. I used it once and found that it is too cheap to make me happy with the video files copied to mac. Then one of my friends, also a film fan, introduced the Brorsoft DVD Ripper for Mac to me. I have to say the tool is better and faster than those I have tried. It is intuitive and easy to use. The converted films and home videos look great on my mac and tablet. You should give it a try and I believe you will find it useful.

Nout wrong with Handbrake, It's a great package.

5. Default

Handbrake
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD