Thread: Upgrade from Studio to Liquid

Default Upgrade from Studio to Liquid

I have just finished my first project in Liquid 6 having upgraded from Studio 9 I did find it a bit of a struggle I think Studio is more logical to use, my reason for changing is because I've got some multi camera work to do, so I did this project to try to get used to it and now have some questions.
    Firstly can't you scrub the timeline as in Studio? I've tried clicking the bar and draging but nothing happens.

I found Smartsound very useful in Studio to fill in with music, is this not available in Liquid? I did find a way, by exporting an AVI file to Studio
    used Smartsound then opened it in Liquid which worked but for some reason video quality had deteriated and seemed to be de-interlaced?

Lastly when I prepared the DVD menu and went to preview, the virtual player buttons didn't work properly, there were 4 pages but the left button wouldn't hightlight the previous button but if I clicked on screen it would go back, so I authored it and burnt a DVD it navigated perfectly on a player so is this a bug in Liquid?

Thanks for reading this, any help please?

HI,

You can scrub, you do it from dragging the red line at the bottom of the timeline. Press scroll lock if you want to hear audio scrub at the same time.

I dont think smartsound is in liquid so your prob best to use studio do get the music.

The deinterlacing sounds like a setting in the export settings of studio. I dont no much about studio 9 but this would be my guess!

Im not sure if your aware that you can import projects from studio into liquid. Go to file then input wizard.

Hope this helps.

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb