Thread: Wind blowing on camera mic

Default Wind blowing on camera mic

Any body know a way of minimising or getting rid of the sound of wind blowing on the camera mic in Adobe Permiere Pro or auditions 1.5?

well, you could try the noise reduction facility in Audition and see if that gives you what you want. My experience tell me that it can help but not be the silver bullet I suspect you are looking for.

Open the sound (or capture form video) into Audition. Find a sequence that is just noise and highlight it. Hit Alt-N to capture this as the noise profile. Then open the noise reducer under Effect -> noise reduction -> noise reduction and then play with a few settings.

This is likely your best hope but it will not be perfect.

Applying a graphic equalizer and reducing the bass can help a great deal i've found, for that real deep, buffeting that assaults the subs.

Hi, Ive got the same problem with wind hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Munted View Post
    Applying a graphic equalizer and reducing the bass can help a great deal i've found, for that real deep, buffeting that assaults the subs.
    Do you mean the effect at Audio effects --> Stereo --> EQ (Premiere Pro 1.5)? Can you help me from here, how do I reduce the bass?

Cheers!

There are also two filiters (one for high freq and one for low freq) that can be used... a little easier than using the eq. You can adjust the pass through on each filter.