Thread: 2009 Subaru WRX w/ DIY crane

Default 2009 Subaru WRX w/ DIY crane

Hey everyone! I just finished my DIY Crane thought I'd try it out in this video. Let me know what you think of the camera crane movements, and of the whole video. Thanks!
    PS. I finally got some rolling shots! Sorry it took so long haha

Garson's 2009 Subaru WRX - YouTube

Well done. It's not easy using a crane. Some very nice shots and it's nice to see the car moving.

Blog Entries

i found that much more engaging, simply becaue we had shots of the car moving among the static shots. The crane seemed to work well but I think yo need to work on the framing of shots with it The shot at 35 secs didn't really work for me - it may have been because of the slight pan involved. I also didn't really like the cut to the descending crane shot following, but that might just be me.
    Some technicalities to watch out for: the rack focus at 0:24-0:26 seemed to be very jerky - almost a two stage affair, and we have a lovely shot of you and your equipment at 0:40
    Tim

I thought the crane really added another dimension to the video ,very smooth as well.

Good job

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    i found that much more engaging, simply becaue we had shots of the car moving among the static shots. The crane seemed to work well but I think yo need to work on the framing of shots with it The shot at 35 secs didn't really work for me - it may have been because of the slight pan involved. I also didn't really like the cut to the descending crane shot following, but that might just be me.
    Some technicalities to watch out for: the rack focus at 0:24-0:26 seemed to be very jerky - almost a two stage affair, and we have a lovely shot of you and your equipment at 0:40
    Thanks for the feedback!

Can you give us some detail of the making process? It looked the business at 0:40 and where it worked it was very pro, IMHO. Indeed I anted more, but then maybe that was enough to keep the Audience wanting more.