Thread: House for sale

Blog Entries

This seems to be lacking the (Real) Estate Agent's patter: "Set in a desirable part of ... this spacious appartment offers stunning views across ...blah, blah etc" Will a voiceover be added?
    Tim

Have to agree with Tim on this. If you don't feel you could do a voice over it needs some tiles at the very least.

3. Default

I understand. But it goes on the site of the estate manager and all the information is there. It's just an extra to see the house.

Quote Originally Posted by rollingpictures View Post
    I understand. But it goes on the site of the estate manager and all the information is there. It's just an extra to see the house.
    Oh! Well I don't think we would have understood that. After all, all you have is "House for Sale" What are we supposed to be commenting on. I understand now it must be the video and nothing else?
    Even if it is shown only in the Estate Agents. I am sure Titles and a voice over would do it more credit. And I am sure the Clientele would appreciate it too.

5. Default

Thank you, I will send you now a video for a bissnes I did make a prsentation. You connot understand because it is in Dutch, but I like to have your comment about how the video is made. Thank you for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rollingpictures View Post
    It's your client's decision, of course, but if you are watching a video on a website, you cannot simultaneously be reading information so why miss out on the trick of imparting that information via audio.

I'm trying to put myself in the position of someone looking to buy/rent a house and scanning websites. I come across a site with pictures and description. I look at the pictures & read the decription. In my mind I'm imagining my belongings in there, I'm trying to picture the dimensions, the number of rooms, how convenient the layout is from the plans. I flick from picture to picture, from plan to plan, from dimesion to dimension at a pace which suits me - that's the benefit of static images/text. I can spent a much time or as little as I want on each.

Then I switch to the video. Here the amount of time I can spend on each has been decised upon by you, the editor. It may be that I am totally absorbed in it, in which case I will filter out any additional information provided by a voiceover. On the other hand, it might fail to take up all my concentration, so this is your opportunity to sell the appartment to me with a voiceover. I might even have gone straight to the video without reading any of the text. I might only be mildly interested, but there might be something in the voiceover which grabs my attention and makes me more interested and persuades me to read the text.

I really think that a lack of a voiceover is a missed opportunity.
    Tim