Thread: Vegas Pro 11 upgrade and Windows 7 glitch

Default Vegas Pro 11 upgrade and Windows 7 glitch

I recently bit the bullet and updated my Windows XP custom designed editing terminal, from XP to Windows 7 operating system, so that I could run the Vegas Pro 11 upgrade. This required a 'clean' install on the C: drive. I've been able to restore all programs and functions, with the exception of one glitch.

I have two video monitors. In my former configuration I was able to preview my editing full size in the second monitor. However, when I am in the new Vegas program, and click on the familiar little blue button to put a full-screen view of the video on the second monitor, now all I get is a white screen. I can't seem to find a way to resolve this. Anybody have a suggestion?
    Thanks
    Gaines

Look under Options > Preferences > Preview Device

You can set you monitor and other bits there

Have you set the Windows secondary display device ? In Sony Vegas Preferences on the preview device tab have you set the device to secondary monitor ?

Sony Helps says:
    External video preview allows you to reclaim valuable real estate in the

Vegas Pro window, check colors and safe areas on a broadcast monitor, or just
    view a full-screen preview of your project.

If you want to preview
    on your external monitor and in the Video Preview
    window
    at the same time, select the Display frames in Video
    Preview window during playback
    check box on the Preview Device tab of the
    Preferences dialog.

Notes:
    • Vegas Pro allows you to use one external video device at a time. The external
      monitor display will be unavailable during video
      capture
    • When using an external video monitor,
      you need to enable external-monitor preview each time you start

Vegas Pro. This change was made to prevent the possibility of hiding the main

Vegas Pro window behind the secondary display when monitors are improperly
      configured.

I can't offer any more advice as I don't use a second monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Look under Options > Preferences > Preview Device
    You can set you monitor and other bits there
    Been there. No joy! As a followup to my original post, I have now discovered that in the Windows 7 installation process it appears that Microsoft plugged in its own driver device (FX1700) instead of the correct one for my NVIDIA Quadro graphics card. I got a hint that something was not quite right when I attempted to run the NewBlueFX Titler Pro program plug-in that is included in the Vegas Pro 11 package. When it went to load I got an error saying there was a problem with the GUI. I went to the NVIDIA website, identified my card and I am presently downloading (hopefully) the correct driver software upgrade for the card for use in Windows 7. Let's hope that cures the problem. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed. Prayers welcome!

Thanks for that, but we could never have second guessed that, we always assume all is well everywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Thanks for that, but we could never have second guessed that, we always assume all is well everywhere else
    Never assume. Great news...the reloading of the proper NVIDIA drivers solved the problem. I can now see the video on the second monitor in Vegas on demand, as before, but the resolution kinda sucks. Obviously I need to delve deeper into this whole OS change issue. BTW the NewBlueFX Titler Pro program plug-in is also now functioning as it should.

Frankly, I consider myself lucky to have gotten this far today. I'm ready for a cold one and to give my brain a rest. Thanks for the encouragement and support.

EDIT: I was able to improve the preview quality by juggling the Dynamic Ram amount in the Preview setup. I am now a happy camper again. Thanks again, guys.
    Last edited by worddigger; 04-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.