Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Edius 6?

Default Anyone use Edius 6?

Surprised there isnt a section for this, I'm kinda new to Edius its a great bit of software apart from one problem.

Most of the content i get is captured in 29.97 FPS, i want to get the best possible quality in Edius so i use the H.264/AVC setting, i want to keep the framerate as it is to avoid any loss in quality but Edius never lets me save it in the same framerate, i have to select something like 60 which is annoying because it doesnt give as good quality. With 29.97 it Keeps giving me this error message "Could not use the selected format, please confirm setting", why is it so hard for Edius to render in the same frame rate as the captured video. For me, Edius is perfect apart from this one problem, which will probably be the difference betweem keeping it or getting rid of it. Expensive too. Has anyone else ran into this problem? What did you do to fix it?

I haven't used Edius since version 5 so I'm very foggy with it. I'm sure you can change and save the templates just like in Vegas. I'm just not sure how. Have a look on the Edius web site there is a forum and some useful "How to" videos on there.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 04-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I haven't used Edius since version 5 so I'm very foggy with it. I'm sure you can change and save the templates just like in Vegas. I'm just not sure how. Have a look on the Edius web site there is a forum and some useful "How to" videos on there.
    Yeah you can change and save the templates just like vegas. Dont have a problem with that. Its just forcing me to use a higher frame rate than what i have which decreases quality. Videos seem darker too.

Have you looked at the how to video I linked to. Doesn't that tell you haw to make a new project preset for you to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Have you looked at the how to video I linked to. Doesn't that tell you haw to make a new project preset for you to use.
    Yeah i did, nothing in there i hadn't already done. The presets are fine. It just refuses to render at the FPS i want. Dont know why its so difficult.
    Every video editing software ive tried has given me some kind of serious problem, shouldnt expect anything different with Edius.

Blog Entries

Serious problems normally occur when we (the end user) do something the programmer hadn't anticipated. In turn that normally means we're either on the cutting edge of innovation, or we're doing something silly.

What exactly are you trying to do. From your post, it seems like you're asking the software to export as 30fps. That's a pretty standard, so perhaps it's actually something else. Is everything else constant when you change to 60fps?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Serious problems normally occur when we (the end user) do something the programmer hadn't anticipated. In turn that normally means we're either on the cutting edge of innovation, or we're doing something silly.

What exactly are you trying to do. From your post, it seems like you're asking the software to export as 30fps. That's a pretty standard, so perhaps it's actually something else. Is everything else constant when you change to 60fps?
    Yeah everything is constant, seems to give me a bit of motion blur. Probably due to rendering at 60fps when the project is only 30. I've had the same problem on 2 different computers and ive tried different file types, same problem.

Rendered projects seem a lot darker than what they should be too. Some parts with average lighting seem very dark. Had the same problem with Sony Vegas. new FFDShow codecs fixed it.

i have Edius 6 on the laptop, havent used it since i started to work with premier but ill spark it up later and see what i can come up with.

OK, i had a dabble....if its theres one thing Edius isnt short of its project presets....

what i did,

new project
    preset list ..... choose 29.97 1920x1080 16.9

complete my project on time line

file
    export
    print to file (in my case as i didnt wan to create a disc)

from the drop down menu select

canopus HQ
    export
    name the project
    save

the file is saved at 29.97 FPS (as original)

renders very quickly and gives nice clean, smooth playback.

I think i know what the problem is. After some research it looks like im missing some presets which i should have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast