Thread: Vegas 11 Audio Out of Sync with Video?

Default Vegas 11 Audio Out of Sync with Video?

So i've been having a load of problems with Vegas 9.0c, i thought i would upgrade to Vegas 11, dont really like the new interface but rendering times were a lot faster and it fixed every problem i had but gave me a new one. The audio and video would be out of sync by about a second. Its not that noticable unless your looking for it but i noticed it. I tried seperating the video from audio, i tried a lot of different settings, nothing that could fix it. The files i'm using are AVIs and i've tried rendering them to both MP4 and WMV, same problem. At the moment i have just tried Vegas 11 on my laptop, havent tried it on my desktop. Maybe my laptop cant handle it but i never had the problem before. Laptop: Intel i5, 4GB DDR3 RAM. I was using the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated one but like i said, it worked before, or maybe its because Vegas codecs are so old, seriously their never updated, the only thing thats new in their updates is a slight change to the GUI.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

I've been messing around with a new software lately, so far i like it but like Vegas, it has its problems, but at the moment Vegas isnt an option

Thanks!

Is the video and audio tracks the same duration?

If so might be the hardware causing the delay, look in preference and under the video tab I think, you can off-set the audio there

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Is the video and audio tracks the same duration?

If so might be the hardware causing the delay, look in preference and under the video tab I think, you can off-set the audio there
    Yeah, same duration. Its just one file, seperating the video and audio tracks still makes it out of sync and i had a look for that setting you mentioned, didnt find it but i'll have a look around

Found the item.

Options >> Preference >> Audio Device

>>> Automatically detect and offset for hardware latency

Try adjusting that.

Found it. It was already checked, unchecking it made it worse. I'll see what else i can do with it

Right, so you un-checked it and it made it worse, that seems to be the issue
    did you not try the slider which appears after you un-checked it and move that

Well, it looks like i have fixed it now. Thanks for the help