Thread: Problems with using multiple file types on Vegas studio platinum 10.

Default Problems with using multiple file types on Vegas studio platinum 10.

Hi Guys

I have used vegas 7 for some time and recently upgraded to Vegas Movie studio platinum 10 and also bought a Canon 600D that records as HD/.MOV files.

Previously I only edited Gopro footage and standard definition footage from an old video camera and there is no problem editing these together on a timeline.
    Now I have Gopro footage shot in 1280x960 30 frames per second and some 1280x720 @60frames per second (MP4s) as well as footage from the Canon which is 1920x1088 (.MOV).

Being fairly clueless I just threw them all onto a timeline and started editing, this worked for sometime with no problem, however now the the program crashes whenever any timelines with the three types of files on them are opened (....ie the program seems to handle a small number of files but when it starts to get up to around 30 mixed files on the timeline it cant handle it).

does anyone have any ideas to get around this? Should I just convert the .MOV files into MP4? will that fix the problem? Is there much quality loss when doing this?

thanks for your time

Ill keep researching and if I come up with a simple answer ill post it here....
    Last edited by loosealliance; 04-10-2012 at 05:18 AM.

See if you get the same issue without the canon footage on the timeline, as I know it caused problems in Vegas Pro in version 9 ( I think) See if Plat 10 has an update, or try the trial of Plat 11 to see if that solves it.
    You can get plat 11 here cheap 33
    7dayshop.com - Online Store

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    See if you get the same issue without the canon footage on the timeline, as I know it caused problems in Vegas Pro in version 9 ( I think) See if Plat 10 has an update, or try the trial of Plat 11 to see if that solves it.
    You can get plat 11 here cheap 33
    7dayshop.com - Online Store
    Ive made quite a few movies using only MP4s and they have worked fine and so far canon footage on its own seems to work fine, however when on the same time line there seems to be a problem. thanks for the feedback, ive got a few things to try that someone suggested and it that doesnt work I might try version 11. unfortunately that cheap deal is only available in britain, they wont ship to OZ! Ill have to keep my eyes peeled!
    Last edited by loosealliance; 04-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.