Thread: 3D TV File Editing?

Default 3D TV File Editing?

i have recently bought a new 3D TV from lg. my problem is, i have some side by side video in MKV format that will not play through the USB port on the tv. i think i have narrowed it down to FPS as i have a similar file, MKV, same resoultion, screen size and codec wise. the only difference being the FPS. 43.76 on the non working file and 23 on the working file. i have read on various websites since, that the FPS must be below 30 to play straight from the USB.
    is there a way i can reduce the FPS on the broken file without losing too much video quality so i can watch in 3d? or do i have to go out & spend another small fortune on a USB 3D media device to play it through?
    i have a version of 4media 2d-3d movie converter, which allows me to change certain values in the movie, such as bitrate, FPS, etc.
    any suggestions welcome guys, and i am fairly new to this, so be gentle.

cheers

As you have working vids, I wonder why you didn't take them to the store to see them on the TV. I tried some of my DVDs and the Sony were the best (but nearly double similar sizes of other Brands!), but the others were suitably ranked . . of course I don't know if the Store can "tweak the settings" to push buyers to the most profitable sets.

Can you say what attracted you to 3D - and what glasses do you need?

EDIT: Ah multi-actives.- Thanks. I am starting a new Thread on 3D authoring...soon
    Last edited by vidmanners; 04-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    As you have working vids, I wonder why you didn't take them to the store to see them on the TV. I tried some of my DVDs and the Sony were the best (but nearly double similar sizes of other Brands!), but the others were suitably ranked . . of course I don't know if the Store can "tweak the settings" to push buyers to the most profitable sets.

Can you say what attracted you to 3D - and what glasses do you need?
    I got the tv before i got the files. As i said, i have found that the tv requires 30 fps or less to read a 3d movie via the usb port. Its really a case of just reducing the fps without losing quality.
    To be honest i needed a new tv for the bedroom and the 50" lg 3d tv were on offer at a shop
    Near me for 550. It would have cost me 500 for a 50" lcd anyway.
    The glasses are lg. thats all i know. They change automatically according to the film type(anaglyph, sbs etc) and charge through any usb port.