Thread: want basic video editing and tv type dvd burning capability

Default want basic video editing and tv type dvd burning capability

i want to be able to take import photos and short movies from a digital camera (not a video camera!), edit them together into a storyline/slide show, add sound, and render the result to a dvd that can be played in a standard tv dvd player. i tried roxio easy media creator 7 but had problems with it. it crashed at the import stage and at the rendering stage. i got the feeling it was over-kill anyway for what i want. does anyone have any suggestions for an appropriate piece of software? thanks for any help.

Blog Entries

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker?

thanks for the suggestion. i had a look at windows movie maker and it seems to have what i want except that it won't burn to a dvd that i can play in a tv dvd player. i'd have to get a third party piece of software for that.

Sorry, another plug but this program may do what you want and some. It is not a video editing program however like what Marc is recomending.

Take a look at ProShow Gold from a company called Photodex. http://www.photodex.com They allow video as well as stills and is a breeze to do. Yes will burn to DVD's and other types of media that you may need. For $ 80.00 you just cannot beat it on the market in my opinion. Very very user friendly.

NO I do not work for them or represent them in any way but very very impressed with what they have to offer. Take a look at thier samples and also download a free trial. Do not buy the ProShow regular version go with the GOLD!

Wish you well.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Give Windows Movie Maker a try.
    I have used it to do projects similar to what you are describing and then burnt to a cd also using WMM. The cd's have played in 2 of the 3 stand alone dvd players I have access to. It may be a fluke, but wasting 1 cd to see if it works is cheaper than buying a programme that is too feature rich for you.
    (next day) Sorry, I lied to you. I went and searched for the cds and neatly appended on them was "burnt onto cd with Arc Soft" (software that came with the camera!). Again sorry.

(ps. Noting your country, watch CTV on May 29th "Plague City". My daughter-in-law is the nurse Rosie. It is her 1st major TV role )