A month ago I posted a movie called Spooky Nite II which I had created for the neighborhood families at Halloween in 2008. In 2009 I created a sequel called Spooky Nite III, with a few updates:
- I added a plot (I think this worked)
- I added a bad guy called Mr Spooky Hands (I think this worked)
- I used the same scary sounds from freesound.org (this worked well the first time so I used them again)
- I created a model town for one of the spooky scenes (you can tell it's a model, but I think it works anyway)
- I tried to generate some suspense in the cornfield scene using an (increasing) heart rate sound but I don't think it was scary at all
One thing that I had a hard time with was the speaking part at the end of the movie. I tried to come up something that sounded like a person speaking into a recording device, but it just came out tinny.
In any event, here it is!
spooky nite iii - director's cut - mar13 2012.mp4 - YouTube