Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The posotive side of the internet

Default The positive side of the internet

I came across this video today. I love how normal people have the power to communicate their truth without interference from politicians or internet censors.

I hope it lifts your heart a little like it did for me.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 04-03-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Communication is no doubt the key, that's the great thing about the Internet. This video is an example of that country's people and their personal thoughts, happens the world over. But then gets over ridden by their politicians. There always will be bickering going on between country's what ever their reason. Yes by all means protect your own ground. What gets my back up is when we British get involved in another counties problems when its nothing to do with us at all. As Afghanistan.

Yes, I agree. Why is it we elect politicians to represent us but they never do. I'm sure that if we didn't have politicians, we wouldn't have any wars.

That aside they don't to me, appear to do much anyway apart from cost us a fortune and cause more trouble.

Oh just thought I better not start ranting, just heard on the news. I think they're going to get a 100 grand a year employee plus expenses, to monitor this famous forum. So watch what You say Guys.

Blog Entries

I'm sure it's well meaning but it's no less propaganda than the governments feed us/them.

I cannot take something seriously when its message contradicts itself so obviously.

In one breath they're saying "We cannot hate you - we don't even know you". In the next "We love you".

Illogical.
    Tim

I think propaganda is a very powerful tool in the arsenal of those in power (ie) nazi Germany)
    I understand Tim's perspective , reasoning and respect it but must admit I found this video very moving too!
    Admitted it might be designed to be moving but moving for me never the less.
    Wars may line the pockets of the financial elite as they probably fund both sides as it is a good investment ...... unfortunately they are not just playing with numbers but peoples lives ,dreams and hopes.
    Bank balances,money and power are probably more important to some than the blood sweat and tears of the average man /woman.
    Extremely sad but I personally think it is true.

Video media is a very powerful medium look at the recent" Britan's got talent video of Johnathan & Charlotte that has now gone viral on the internet!
    It is hard not be moved by the video and there is no doubt that Jonathan has a tremendous voice and the surprise factor.
    But the audition was beautifully designed and superbly edited after all this video is a potential big investment for Mr Cowell !!

I am using the words probably ,may and personally a lot here as I don't know if this video is genuine or more propaganda.

Regardless it moved me very much.

Thanks MB for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'm sure it's well meaning but it's no less propaganda than the governments feed us/them.

I cannot take something seriously when its message contradicts itself so obviously.

In one breath they're saying "We cannot hate you - we don't even know you". In the next "We love you".

Illogical.
    That all depends on whether you think it's possible to have a natural love for your fellow man, whether you have met them or not.

I think love is the default stting for peoples hearts and hate has to be caused. If that makes me wet then so be it. To quote a line from a movie I know "I can't help it, if you do, you do. That's just me".

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That all depends on whether you think it's possible to have a natural love for your fellow man, whether you have met them or not.
    I believe/pray it is possible MB especially if we broaden our minds and stop limiting ourselves.
    A mother holding a dead baby in her arms is feeling the same feelings regardless of nationality,race or colour.
    We aren't all that different I feel.

For the record I am a big softy too and do think with my heart first before my brain kicks in ....can't change the way you are.

Regardless ......................this video was very moving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think love is the default stting for peoples hearts and hate has to be caused.
    I think it rather depends on what we mean by love. I do not see you can love someone without having some knowledge of them ("we do not know you")

If you'd said the default state was empathy and compassion I'd certainly agree that generally that's the case for developed human beings. I'm not entirely sure that we're born with that though - a love for one's mother and familys maybe, but I suspect empathy and compassion for other, unknown, human beings are things which develop.
    Tim

I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet. My be I'm singing the chorus and your still on the first verse, either way I think it's a nice sentiment and the intention was good and positive. When I saw it, I didn't intellectualise about the semantics. I just felt happy about a positive message coming from a very troubled part of the world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast