Thread: Would like input on this old demo reel, on some things u might change or do different

Default Would like input on this old demo reel, on some things u might change or do different

PLEASE LEMME KNOW WHAT U THINK, THIS IS ONLY MY 2ND POST IN THIS GROUP, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW FROM PEOPLE THAT CAN APPRECIATE MY WORK, WHAT U WOULD LIKE TO SEE, OR ME TO DO DIFFERENTLY

I would ditch the live action clips it looks odd for a motion graphics reel. I would also ditch music and get a talented musician to make a piece of music that fits with each of the different graphics.

Thanks a whole lot, it's not just a motion graphics reel, I'm an editor as well. All of the individual graphics had their ow score with their separate releases, however i am the producer who made the music for the reel. Thing is, I produce instrumentals for a lot or poets and hip hop artists. So killing 2 birds "theory" is to promote both businesses. I must say...I fucking love this forum, I don't get this kind of feedback anywhere else in the world. I asked and I got real answers! THNX Midnight Blue totally! and have you had a look at my youtube channel and the videos on it?

I see where you're coming from with the music but for me it didn't work. I thought each new graphic needed some sort of separation which could have been done with the audio track. I suppose the intended audience will have a bearing on this but just didn't work for me.

It took me quite a few attempts to get the audio right for my reel. If you click on the links and compare the BEFORE and AFTER links to see what a difference the audio can make even though it is mostly the same music track. This might give you a better idea of what I'm trying to say.