Thread: Fixing "Vegas have stopped working" at startup?

1. Angry Fixing "Vegas have stopped working" at startup?

Im getting so tired, Vegas 11 HD platinum will load, but as soon i reinstall Vegas 11 Pro (even like this, the only thing i have skipped is visual++ and net framework uninstall)
    https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4844/kw/uninstall vegas/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMTY1NDQ5MS9zaWQvVVJVbk0tU2s%3D
    the same startup failure will occur
    Attachment 1424
    Shall i be forced to reinstall windows to find this leftover keys? as it must bee?.

Why this is so frustrating is that my projects was saved in Pro and therefore will not load in Platinum as i understand it

Im on Windows 7 (64x)

Attachment 1397

Does the fault occur if you install PRO first, then install PLATINUM?

Have you tried a registry cleaner like WinASO Registry Optimizer or other.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Does the fault occur if you install PRO first, then install PLATINUM?
    The fault occur yes, i guess i could test the opposite way...but i dont give a penny that it will suddenly work

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Have you tried a registry cleaner like WinASO Registry Optimizer or other.
    Yes i have tested Avanced system care, Glary Utilities and Ccleaner before i attempting a new reinstallation,
    and it have not fixed it.

Do you think its a good idea to use Freeware and do search for "Sony"
    and kill every key containing the word Sony, if i backup the registry before?

Or what search word shall i search for, it must be more registry keys left than the ones named here, it should have been enough!
    https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4844/kw/uninstall vegas/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMTY1NDQ5MS9zaWQvVVJVbk0tU2s%3D

By the way can you confirm that vegas pro save profiles cant open inside HD Platinum?.

5. Default

Something could be wrong here, no matter how many time i try reinstall it dont longer? create any "shared plug-ins" folder when successfully complete.

However with platinum 11 the shared-plugin folder is there.

6. Default

Bump!

Addon: it seems like the problem isn't connected my license either, no matter what installer of 11 pro
    i test and just use trial the startup error comes back.

Question: Is it possible to go back to Vegas 10 pro and open Vegas 11 started projects?

Question: Is it worth uninstall all my 9 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ and the 2 versions of Net Frameworks
    before attempting reinstall again?

If nothing gets me by i must reinstall Windows...and with my luck i bett the error will return on fresh installation anyway ;D

The best would be if it existed another software that could open Vegas-saves in itself, but i guess thats my fantasy just?

I assume you are referring to the 2010 version of the C++ libraries. (There should be no need to re-install .NET framework). I recommend installing the latest redistributable of the C++ libraries at
    Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Think I have seen this problem, I had it this morning...(if the same)
    "no matter how many time i try reinstall it dont longer? create any "shared plug-ins" "

As you are running Win7 have a look at the folder it is having trouble with and see if it has a lock on it, if so you need to unlock

See here to see if this will help you
    ERROR: 1603 ocurred during installation

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Think I have seen this problem, I had it this morning...(if the same)
    "no matter how many time i try reinstall it dont longer? create any "shared plug-ins" "

As you are running Win7 have a look at the folder it is having trouble with and see if it has a lock on it, if so you need to unlock

See here to see if this will help you
    But does Vegas 11 Pro crash for you a this occasion?
    According to your link
    you cant even finish the installation judging on that error message, so i actually dont understand the similarity in your situation now

Vegas.exe in the install folder wasn't marked as locked.
    ehh...Has yours?

I tested Vegas 10 Pro now to check, it didn't either install Shared-Plugins (i dont recall if Pro have ever installed shared-plugins,
    perhaps it was always Platinum? version, do you know?)
    But Vegas 10 starts for me anyhow! and Vegas 11 Premium works.

Cant anybody recode Vegas as a hobby project and make it handle all saved projects from all versions it was created in!.
    Or edit the profile-files so it could be exported to another reliable editing program!
    Its not worth to have different version! and obviously i cant trust Pro any longer.