Thread: Help please!

Exclamation Help please!

Hey, I got a project at school to present a rock in an interesting way so naturally I choose to do a video.
    I really want to add this effect to my video but I'm unsure on how to do it or even what to call it.
    Here I posted a video that has the effect from 4:49 - 5:45 I want to effect that like pops up and shows something on the car.. (the one that has a blue background)
    How To Import a Japanese Car - YouTube

What video editing software do you have avilable to use? You will need a graphics program to create the blue text box and make a .png file with a transparent background. Then bring this into your editing program place it on a track above the video and reduce the opacity to suite, may be around 70%. Then create a text media event above the text box and type in the
    wording. If you want the typing to be animated like your example you will have to do this over a period of time, which means type a letter move the cursor on the time line type another letter etc...... until you are done.

If you don't understand any of this search for a tutorial on YouTube including the name of the editing software you use for creating a text box in Final Cut Pro (or what ever it is).

I have final cut 7 and 10.. i am more comfortable with final cut 10 but i can still use 7.
    I don't what this effect is called so that would be helpful to find a tutorial or something but thanks for your help.

"creating a text box in Final Cut Pro" might help.

okay thanks.. also how would i add the white lines?
    just key them in?

just youtubed "how to make a text box in final cut".. no help :(