Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Trimm Videos with Mute Audio Parts

Unhappy Auto-Trimm Videos with Mute Audio Parts

Hi,
    I'm a new user. I looked around if I needed to introduce myself first, but I didn't find anything. So I should be albe to post already. If I'm wrong just tell me please.

I make videos on YouTube and some of them are funny English Lessons for Italians.
    Those videos have all the same structure and style and I've adopted a dynamic style that makes me appear like I'm fastly moving "left-right-left-right" while I'm talking. You can have an example here English Lesson 3 - COME PENSARE IN INGLESE! Giuseppe Turchiaro - YouTube from the minute 2:47

To do that, I basically cut the video from the beginning to the end of every Audio part and then I delete all the mute parts. When it's done I have that "type" of video.

Is it possible to do this mechanic part in an automatic way? So trimming my video deleting all the video parts where the audio is mute?

I generally use iMove but it doesn't really matter, I can use another one.

Thank you all.

I've never come across a piece of editing softwher that does this automatically.

I'm not sure I even understood that Lesson 3, let alone the " Why" of a somewhat novel Editing technique. My experience in learning another language is that it needs to be delivered slowly and clearly - that's the way we learnt from our mothers.
    We refer to "Mother Tongue" - - - says it all.

However, I agree with MB, I'm not aware of an Editor that would do this, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't writer a Plug-in to do it . . if there was a strong demand.... however, it would need to be reactive (knowing the length of the gap before it started) . . . so it's probably a non-starter.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    I'm not sure I even understood that Lesson 3, let alone the " Why" of a somewhat novel Editing technique. My experience in learning another language is that it needs to be delivered slowly and clearly - that's the way we learnt from our mothers.
    We refer to "Mother Tongue" - - - says it all.
    You don't speak Italian, do you?
    In the video lessons it's what I'm saying. Do you really believe that in a 5 minutes video you can explain how to speak English? You have to give the correct method to speak it as a native speaker. I explain how to think, what to do to get in the language, but people have to do their parts after the video to learn it "slowly".

Anyway that wasn't the topic of the thread, but thank you anyway to have shared with us your opinion about my job even if you don't understand what I actually say during my job.
    It's good to know that I can get people interested in me even when they don't speak my language.

If someone can help me with my request, I'm still here waiting

Thank you all.

I'm pretty sure you won't find what your looking for as I doubt that it exists.

The reason being that it's the very basics of editing, cutting out bits you don't want and keeping the bits you do want. This isn't normally to keep everything that has speaking, in the order it was shot, and removing everything that doesn't have speaking. As you can imagine there isn't really much call for such a thing, which is why I doubt anyone has put the time into developing it.

But let me know if you find different for sure.

David.

I don't know any software which will do it automatically, but I can imagine various rather complcated ways (requiring writing of code). Such a system might not straightforward. It has to:
    a) recognise the db of audio when there is silence.
    b) have a minimum silence value (to ensure it does not cut out frames between words).
    c) know the number of frames before (and after), in which the silence should be retained (to give a natural sounding gap between the clips of a few msecs).
    d) show the original clip AND the resulting clip, to allow you to judge how successfully it worked, and whether any its choices need to be edited.

I suspect the process is best done manually, using video editing software where you can view the audio waveform.

Not familiar with "imove" but most software you can easily remove in seconds any unwanted audio mechanically.
    One other thing have you thought of using Youtube captions? So anyone anywhere in the world can translate and read the audio in their language.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptionWorld View Post
    Not familiar with "imove" but most software you can easily remove in seconds any unwanted audio mechanically.
    One other thing have you thought of using Youtube captions? So anyone anywhere in the world can translate and read the audio in their language.
    You didn't watch my videos before commenting, did you?
    I already use them JosephSafe - YouTube they are in French, in Italian and it's possible to translate them in every language
    Thank to you as well to give me suggestions for what I do, even if already do what you say.

Please, if someone else has suggestions IN TOPIC, I'm here.

Thank you all.
    Last edited by Entita; 03-31-2012 at 04:00 PM.

"You didn't watch my videos before commenting, did you?"

No I didn't. I watched the one in the first post with the link. No Captions in this one!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptionWorld View Post
    "You didn't watch my videos before commenting, did you?"

No I didn't. I watched the one in the first post with the link. No Captions in this one!
    In fact, as I wrote: "I make videos on YouTube and SOME of them are funny English Lessons for Italians".

So, as those lessons are made on purpose for ITALIANS about how to SPEAK ENGLISH, who else could be interested in subtitles? Italians understand what I say and English speakers don't need me to speak English.
    French, Spanish etc. certainly don't want to learn how to speak English with lessons thought and based to an Italian way of thinking and speaking. Don't you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast