Thread: Creating borders

Default Creating borders

Help anyone, I am sure that the question I have has an answer that is very simple, Problem is, so am I.

I have just completed a film for a friends daughters wedding. I have completed all of the basic edits and want to finish the film off with still shots. I have created about 12. No problem to-date. However, the effect I am trying to create is say a heart shape around the stills with say a coloured border and faded edge. I am sure you get the picture if you'll excuse the punn. I have tried every thing that I can think of and cannot find out how to create this effect. I am using Premier Pro 7 and assume that this type of effect is within the programme. I can find nothing in the help section that seems to relate to what I am doing, unless of course I am not looking under the right heading.

Blog Entries

You need to import the image with a transparency layer, or white where you want the image to show through and then apply a luma key effect.

Blog Entries

Although this isn't exactly what you want, I searched the forums and came up with this: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2052

Thanks Marc for the help. I have been using Premier Pro for about 2 years. Very impressed with but I have not yet scratched the surface as to what you can do with it. Its a very steep learning curve and I am very grateful to people like yourself who have so much knowledge to draw upon.

Thanks again for your help, I am sure I will now be able to achieve the disired results.