Thread: Music video - grumpy old men

1. Default Music video - grumpy old men

PER REHNBERG - TOMS BLUES MUSICVIDEO - YouTube

Music video I did for Per Rehnberg, local artist in Gothenburg, Sweden. The chorus is in english but the verses are in swedish. Hope you guys can still enjoy the video.

Blog Entries

Does the video in the vereses relate directly to the lyrics - if not I thought some fo te shots were on screen for rather a long time.
    Generally I liked the look of the piece, but I'd have like dto have been able to see their faces a bit more where they were underexposed against the venetian blind in the interior shots (I want to see their grumpy old faces)

My favourite shot was the one where you had them standing on a wall - great image.
    Tim

You seem to have some good ideas, I like them at the bus stop but when the bus came they didn't get on it and just walked away. You have a bit of an eye for a shot but I found it inconsistent. You had a nice shot of the guys in front of the church and stood on the wall BUT the shot at 1 min when they are on the phones becomes boring as it lasts too long, a 15 second shot when there isn't much happening is too long. You should have added a few more angles and shots to add interest and humour to the shot. Same with the tiger shot holding it for too long is like repeating the punch line of a joke over and over, it doesn't make it any funnier.

If the guys are singing to camera they have to lip sync much better or not do it at all. You made the classic error of shooting them with their backs to the light so their faces where way too
    dark.

4. Default

Cheers guys. Good feedback.

Tim: Some of the images reflect the verses but not all though. He is complaining about modern society as you might have guessed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    BUT the shot at 1 min when they are on the phones becomes boring as it lasts too long, a 15 second shot when there isn't much happening is too long.
    Which is what prompted my question about whether the lyrics related to the images. It's possible it was essential to the meaning of the lyrics (you do see that in some music videos)
    Tim

6. Default

That particular scene, with the stomping of the mobilephone is related to what he is singing yes.