Thread: Laggy preview picture vegas 11 Pro.

Default Laggy preview picture vegas 11 Pro.

I have some major problems with Vegas 11 Pro, the preview screen on CERTAIN saved project files have a tendency
    to lagg so much its hard to determine the items are placed at correct position.

I have increased the ram usage to 800 Mb (1000 next??) and killed all system ram demanding processes, it doesn't release the preview screen.
    I wonder if my installed codecs on my system could be responsible?.

Is there anything i could do?.

I don't think increasing the RAM usage will solve this problem as it is for Dynamic RAM Preview. Not normal previewing (see the help file if you don't know what that is) . You don't give us your PC spec. so we don't know if it's even capable of running HD footage or even if your talking about HD footage.

Make sure your hard disk is less than 70% full and is not fragmented. What sort of disk is the footage on, internal or external USB, if the latter put the material on an internal drive. It's usually best to have the media on a separate HD to the OS and program files.

You can also reduce the preview quality to get your video to run smoother.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 03-29-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Agree with all that, - and - OP hasn't told us what "quality" he's using, as I'm sure V Pro will have several "Qualities" as does Studio, which I use.

However, if this is only recent, it may well be HDD issue. Ideally internal SATA but realistically without a quad-core PC and dedicated Graphics card, things may not look good.

A quick test:
    burn a DVD and play that on a dedicated TV/Player (not the PC) and he should see a vast improvement. Suddenly any lip-sync issues are resolved -along with effects where the camera panned rather quicker than normal.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 03-30-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't think increasing the RAM usage will solve this problem as it is for Dynamic RAM Preview. Not normal previewing (see the help file if you don't know what that is) . You don't give us your PC spec. so we don't know if it's even capable of running HD footage or even if your talking about HD footage.

Make sure your hard disk is less than 70% full and is not fragmented. What sort of disk is the footage on, internal or external USB, if the latter put the material on an internal drive. It's usually best to have the media on a separate HD to the OS and program files.

You can also reduce the preview quality to get your video to run smoother.
    final.jpg

I have concluded a couple of things, that 70 % of the avi from ALL my 5 harddrives refuse to be insertable to the timeline ( so i need to start with installing other codecs)
    30 % that do work to insert thei preview flawless, but as soon as i insert any MPG inputs it will lagg to death.

So Its no fotages, its videos! and there is neither from USB at all

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You can also reduce the preview quality to get your video to run smoother
    It doesnt affect the quality on mpg no matter what combination i choose inside Draft/Preview/Good/Best three
    (no i have no idea what the different are, just that best wherever you can must be prefereable) it will lagg just as much.

What shall i do next?

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Agree with all that, - and - OP hasn't told us what "quality" he's using, as I'm sure V Pro will have several "Qualities" as does Studio, which I use.

However, if this is only recent, it may well be HDD issue. Ideally internal SATA but realistically without a quad-core PC and dedicated Graphics card, things may not look good.

A quick test:
    burn a DVD and play that on a dedicated TV/Player (not the PC) and he should see a vast improvement. Suddenly any lip-sync issues are resolved -along with effects where the camera panned rather quicker than normal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great! here comes the next problemfisen.jpg...
    now Vegas wont even start after i uninstalled Fddshow, reinstalled Fdddshow, uninstalled all codecs,
    reinstalled Vegas, but the message comes back.

How do i solve this?