Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, Feedback!

Default Help, Feedback!

Hello everyone i've just started a new Youtube channel, and i want some feedback on my intro. it is going to be a channel were i will show some different games, give good advices and of course you will also see how much i actually fail. if you could give me some feedback on it, it could be awesome. Is it too loud? too long? or whatever. Keep in mind it's a intro! which i will have on every video i make

Best regards - BloodyHProductions

BloodyH intro precast - YouTube

This isn't an intro. It is a small movie. An intro on a YouTube video should be 10 seconds, tops or people will just move on.

Video's been removed but even without seeing it I agree with MB 5- 10 seconds is good for an intro anything longer unless very very enticing is stretching it in my humble opinion.

Yes that is correct i removed the movie but made this instead with a small intro taking 7-8 seconds and then the trailer comes BloodyHProductions - The trailer - YouTube

That looks better. So where did you get the image from ? I think the use of the sound of rain as the only audio interesting. It makes a change from some sort of synth type jingle.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That looks better. So where did you get the image from ? I think the use of the sound of rain as the only audio interesting. It makes a change from some sort of synth type jingle.
    the image is an old picture i made for the old clan i played with, just removed the background with help from photoshop. And thanks for the feedback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyHawkins View Post
    Yes that is correct i removed the movie
    That's a shame. It would have been helpful to leave it as it helps people to learn.
    I did see it before you removed it, and I can see how you might have mistakenly thought it was interesting and relevent enough to last for that long. Others may make the same error of judgment.
    Anyway, this one is great. A nice image and I totally agree with MB about the rain effect and sound.
    The image is striking enough that it only needs be on screen for 3 sceonds. i think you're overdoing it at 8. Nothings happening with it. Impress (in the first three seconds) then don't give the viewer a chance to get bored.
    Alternatively, fade it down a bit after a couple of seconds and scroll text over the top.

But as it is it's a million times better that the fist. Well done.
    Tim

Getting confused...
    Is this Trailer the Authors own work? It's very pro, so why's he asking our opinion.
    However as a "trailer" that's means to be a "taster" for the audience to turn up next week - isn't it?

I think it needs some dialogue/title so we know what we are watching . . . there is a written note below the vid and having that info at the start might help folks understand why they are being shown something. If this is aimed at "Gamers", again I think it should say so.... fairly early-on otherwise viewers will be as confused as me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Getting confused...
    Is this Trailer the Authors own work? It's very pro, so why's he asking our opinion.
    You're confused because he removed the original post!
    The OP was after feedback abou his intro/ident which in the original ideo went on and on. It has now been reduced to just the image with the rain (about 8 secs)
    He has not asked for opinions on the whole taster thing, though I'm sure he won't object
    Tim

I didn't get to see the original.
    I thought this trailer was good ...god how gaming has improved since my old Commodore 64 days !!!!
    Wasn't fussed on music .....I really liked the footage though and the editing ..... didn't like the ending as I didn't think it fitted with the rest of the trailer.
    Oh yea the first initial opening logo I thought was really good.

Overall a very good trailer in my opinion but like with all things it can be improved.

Good job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast