Thread: Trouble With TimeLapses

1. Default Trouble With TimeLapses

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post a question, and I have a feeling that it's going to be a very simple answer, but I haven't figured it out yet, so thus the question!

I'm really, really into time lapse photography, especially star lapses, but when I try to create a time lapse in Sony Vegas, my images (and thus ultimately the video) are tighter than the screen, regardless of what format I render. I really don't know how else to explain it, so I'll just post a couple videos with examples of what I am talking about.

Time lapse starting at 1:38 in the video:

Thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide. I'd really, really appreciate. I feel like it's an easy fix somewhere, just can't find it!

2. Default

Also at 1:00 and 1:07 in this video:

3. Default

I've watched this guy's tutorial several times, and it's very helpful, I just can't figure out where I am messing up.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I couldn't post more than 1 video per post. I trust you I'm not spamming, just looking for some help!

4. Default

Do you mean those black sidebars?
    Set your project properties to match your render properties for visual control of the output.
    Select a clip with black bars, Open Pan/Crop, right click and run Match Output Aspect command. This will fit your source clip to the output and remove black bars.
    Hope this helps...

London, England

BigShooter - Post#3,
    How did you get that screen-shot? It's sharper than Sony Creatives own tutorials . . . do tell. Then when you start it goes fuzzy - how is it the Still is razor sharp, really impressive.

When you have followed altarvic's advice right click the image you have cropped and copy it. Then select the rest of the clips on the time line and right click them, select "paste event attributes". This will then crop all the rest of the images the same as the first one.

7. Default

Thanks for the advice everyone, it worked out and helped out perfectly. !