Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for video editing software?

All praise to OP for getting to grips with VS in a shaort time (er, with a lot of Help from the helpful folks, here) . . . I use Vegas Studio V10, but I bought the Production Suite, which includes a 1hr DVD - but WOW! is that difficult to follow . . .so you have to learn the basics (Here/YouTube/SonyCreative) and than play the DVD a few times. The "Show me how" are good, but there are some useful Tutorials on Sony's site - but they also show some of the irritating "faults" that users discover with Vegas . . . things which should have been fixed several versions ago!

However, the task OP has set himself isn't easy . . . it's "bad enough" when you did all the filming (and have a basic feel for the stuff), but trying to select the "best-bits" from an assortment of cameras - trying to discount the need to include at least one steady piece from each Guest..... nightmare.

I'm surprised OP has an issue with the Audio . . . from v10, VS introduced a feature that sets the program to match the Media, - perhaps this has been turned off?

Vegas Studio V11 is the latest version and is typically priced about 25, with the Production suite 35.
    That has to be the BEST value of all Editors on PC - indeed folk who buy Macs will find a decent Editor will be as expensive as some camcorders. Ouch!
    Last edited by vidmanners; 03-30-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Hello vidmanners,

I would be the first to agree that my quick results with Vegas were very largely due to the excellent help I got here!

I'm just trying Adobe Premiere Elements 10, as that seems to be the other big name in this price range, and will make a decision when I've had a play with that.

I've pretty much ruled out Avid, as it's the most expensive of the three, and seemed very buggy. It's really between Vegas and APE.

You ended by saying that Vegas was the best value on the PC. Do you have any experience of APE? If so, in what way(s) do you think that Vegas is better? Bear in mind that I have very little experience with either, so am not familiar with the advanced stuff. I would very much like to hear the voice of experience, as that will help me judge the bits of these packages that I'm not up to yet.

Thanks again to everyone.

3. Default

hey i've tried to use sony vegas HD Platinum. it's a pretty good program, you should try it

Default My favorite Video Editing Software

I edit videosongs, and my video editing software of choice is Adobe Premiere Pro C4. It's not perfect, but it's pretty versatile.
    This is an example of a video I just posted. You can see the actual editing I did with the HD video and also the animation I added. It was all done with Premiere Pro C4.
    Final Fantasy VII - Chocobo Theme Tune (Cover by Nenne Effe and Carlo Castellano) - YouTube
    Let me know what you think.
    Nenne

Quote Originally Posted by rara2003 View Post
    hey i've tried to use sony vegas HD Platinum. it's a pretty good program, you should try it
    Hello,

I agree that it's good, I had some great results from it quite quickly. I have been checking out adobe premiere elements as well, and whilst I didn't get on so quickly with it as Vegas, it has the advantage that someone gave me a copy, so I didn't need to pay for it . For that reason, I'll probably end up with adobe.

From my whizz round the three mentioned here, I would rate Vegas #1, as it is low-priced and easy to use, adobe #2 as it has a decent UI, although it's twice the price of Vegas, and I didn't find it as easy to use. I would rate Avid a very low #3, as it's a lot more money, poor quality and didn't work properly!

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123