Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Movie

1. Default Amateur Movie

Hello,
    Firstly I would like to apologize for the fact this post are probably not be putting in the right place.
    I'm thinking about doing a movie with quality material amateur (cheap) and would like to ask your opinion about video material that exists in the market for film.

thank you

Can you rephrase your question, it's hard to know what you mean.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Can you rephrase your question, it's hard to know what you mean.
    I'm sorry for my english...

I would like to make a domestic movie (with actors, audio and video production). But as you imagine i haven't money to buy pro ou semi-pro material to do that. I'm just a curiouse of things like this one. So, i'm trying to get opinions about some material (as handy cam or something like that) that have quality enouph to recorde video to past to my PC and with software like sony vegas or something like that produce a final movie.

Thanks, and once more sorry for my english

I would say you can achieve very good results with modern cameras. I think any up to date camera for around £500 can produce as good a quality image as a camera costing 3 or 4 times that amount form a few years ago. You do get other advantages and useful features from semi-pro cameras but that is another issue. The way a camera is used is very important, the way a scene is lit, the quality of the audio, These are all very important parts of the process. THE most important part is the content, the story you are telling etc.

Having the best camera in the world isn't going to improve dull content.

5. Default

I would say you can achieve very good results with modern cameras. I think any up to date camera for around £500 can produce as good a quality image as a camera costing 3 or 4 times that amount form a few years ago. You do get other advantages and useful features from semi-pro cameras but that is another issue. The way a camera is used is very important, the way a scene is lit, the quality of the audio, These are all very important parts of the process. THE most important part is the content, the story you are telling etc.

Having the best camera in the world isn't going to improve dull content.
    Thanks for your help...
    Do you have any sugestion? Any model? And i'm thinking about a small big problem, how to capture the audio? I know that many cams come with stereo micro but to capture the voice with quality enouph to produce it i need something with more quality/capacity, am i right?

Yes you need external microphones to record good quality sound. What is your total budget and what do you already have and on what sort of videos do you want to make ?

You will need:
    A camcorder/DSLR camera
    External Mics
    Audio recording equipment
    Lighting and grip
    Computer Hardware that can cope with HD footage
    Editing Software

You can get by without some of the above but the quality of your work will reflect on it's absence.

7. Default

Yes you need external microphones to record good quality sound. What is your total budget and what do you already have and on what sort of videos do you want to make ?

You will need:
    A camcorder/DSLR camera
    External Mics
    Audio recording equipment
    Lighting and grip
    Computer Hardware that can cope with HD footage
    Editing Software

You can get by without some of the above but the quality of your work will reflect on it's absence.
    I think i need the camcorder and micro. I have hardware to process it. What kind of micro do you sugest? Dynamic? With phantom power? Light is a question that i don´t whant to think about at this moment, not to be dispensable but i think it requires a structure on the ground that i can't sustend as permissions and so on.

The type of videos you are going to make will be the deciding factor to the type of microphones you need, unless you will be recording live music you probably won't want a dynamic mic. You would probably be better off with shotgun or lav mics (clip on).

9. Default

The type of videos you are going to make will be the deciding factor to the type of microphones you need, unless you will be recording live music you probably won't want a dynamic mic. You would probably be better off with shotgun or lav mics (clip on).
    Thanks once more for your help. Well, i'm thinking about record live and not in playback. And in this point what do you recomend me? A lav mic? Or a shotgun mic? I think this last one is more specific to capture natural sound (ambient sound) isn't it? And lav mic may be have a problem, how to hide that? With wireless lav mic i can hide the cable but the mic...Any sugestion?

Thanks again...

You could probably do with both types but get the shotgun first, I use a Sennheiser ME66 it's good but it's not cheap when new, I got mine off E-Bay for £100. I don't know much about mics so can't recommend a particular one except the ME66 as I've used it and found it to be very good. You have to watch out for the type of plug you get with the mic and the type of socket on your camera although you can get adapters.

You can hide lav mics quite easily.

WATCH THIS
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 03-28-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast