Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vilhelm ( musical shortfilm)

1. Default Vilhelm ( musical shortfilm)

I just registered to this forum. Check out my new video called Vilhelm: VILHELM (Shortfilm) - YouTube

Blog Entries

Am I missing something here?
    All I see is a collection of clips of animals. If there's a narrative or a message, it's totally lost on me.
    Tim

3. Default

Thanks for your view and comment. For me there is alot of things going on in these images. Maybe you are looking at it the wrong way. But maybe it is just "clips of animals" for you, and thats cool aswell.
    I approach directing in a meditative way not to sound too spacey, but thats how I do it.

Liked some of the footage

But must admit I didn't experience it the way you do but hey there is no wrong or right in art really and what a boring world it would be if we were all the same.

If you are deep into meditation then you will argue that point (ie) we are all the same

5. Default

Cheers! Hehe how do you know you didnt experience it like me, maybe you did?

I take it you found some of the pictures funny, and thats what I think to. I find some things hilarious.

Haha Im by no means a filming yoga. What I meant is I dont always plan the directing, I let it flow on spot.

The plus points for me are that you used a tripod so the shots are nice and steady. They are mostly pleasing and framed ok. I like the pig dreaming shot and then the shot of the dog looking at the pig dreaming.

If there is a message or narrative, like Tim I didn't really get it If it was just some fun shots of animals then that's what it was. I'm interested to know how you decided on the title and it's relation to the piece ?

7. Default

I always use tripod, dont like shaky camera. Hehe, the title comes from me thinking of the name of the elks or pigs. We humans always give animals strange humansounding names if we think theyre special.
    The big sleeping pig might aswell be called Vilhelm.

Yes observing creatures and trees without naming them makes them more magical .......
    ....when our mind classifies or tries to label/understand something it also tarnishes its inherent beauty.

9. Default

I have another comment on the narrative thing. I dont use the anglo saxon model and linear story, I find that boring and outdated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RIKTIGA ANDERS PRODUKTION View Post
    I have another comment on the narrative thing. I dont use the anglo saxon model and linear story, I find that boring and outdated.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the anglo saxon model and linear story". If you mean you a stricly chronological sequence, then I'm inclined to agree with you. I often look at ways of breaking up the chronology myself.

However, no matter how much you chop it up, you can't avoid linear. We watch video in a linear fashion. We watch from the beginning to the end. It is up to you, the film maker, to take the viewer on a journey from A to Z. It may start at Z then jump back to A, or Q or anywhere - that's up to you to make the journey as interesting as you can, but it is important to ensure that an crucial missing piece (place videted, action, time) is left until the end - this gives the viewer a reason to continue watching and gives them their reward at the end.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how seriously to take your comments. It's sounding a bit like the old "It's art and if you don't understand it it's your fault" argument to which i would reply "It's your job as a film maker to make sure I understand it".

(for the regulars - I did notice one or two of the animals had beards)
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast