Thread: Vegas 6 Widescreen problem

Default Vegas 6 Widescreen problem

Hi, i registered to this forum to post this one problem im having in vegas 6. The problem is the widescreen template. when i start my project, everything is set to default. i import a clip and place it in the timeline. what i do next is i go to project video properties, then i change the template to NTSC DV Widescreen (720x480, 29.970 fps). i press ok. when i preview my clip, the clip now has two black bars on the right and left side. isnt widescreen supposed to be 16:9 with two black bars on the top and bottom? im really getting tick off bout this. can some1 helllppp.

I had the same problem trying to convert to widescreen NTSC but when i convert to widescreen PAL all was well (preview image had no black lines) . If you find the answer please post as i would be interested how it's done.

maybe this problem is a bug in vegas 6...plz help us....thank you

Default To be confusing...

well as far as i kno, NTSC DV widescreen (720 x 480) does not have an aspect ratio 16:9, and then not really widescreen. The image is then has to be cropped by 8 pixels on each side of the screen, in order to fit into the 4:3 preview; therefore giving u black bars on the side.

It may be easier to use define your own frame size and make sure it is 16:9 aspect ratio; as if you divide 720 by 16 and multiply by 9 you only get 405 pixels, NOT 480.

Hope you get it worked out,

Andrew