Thread: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Default Porsche 911 Carrera S

Hey there everyone, I have another video I want to share with you, please take a look and comment/critique. Thanks!

Porsche | 911 Carrera S - YouTube

I liked a lot of the shots, I think my fav is 18 seconds. I liked the movement between 32 - 39 seconds but it was out of focus throughout the movement. If you can't pull focus when moving, it would be a good idea to land on the focus point at the end of the movement. I didn't like the sudden end which I understand if you're making a 1 min video with a 3 min music track is a problem but try to learn about editing the audio to fit the video as well as fitting the video to the music, if that makes sense.

I forgot to say, I like the night time mood of the shoot. I thought you made a good choice of location to do it. Night time but with plenty of light from the building etc.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 03-21-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I forgot to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I liked a lot of the shots, I think my fav is 18 seconds. I liked the movement between 32 - 39 seconds but it was out of focus throughout the movement. If you can't pull focus when moving, it would be a good idea to land on the focus point at the end of the movement. I didn't like the sudden end which I understand if you're making a 1 min video with a 3 min music track is a problem but try to learn about editing the audio to fit the video as well as fitting the video to the music, if that makes sense.

I forgot to say, I like the night time mood of the shoot. I thought you made a good choice of location to do it. Night time but with plenty of light from the building etc.
    Thanks a lot! yeah I need to get a follow focus. I was using a tripod to do the jib shots so it was kind hard to follow focus. I was shoot at a higher aperture but there wasn't enough lighting, and I didn't have any external lighting on me at that time. I understand your audio concern, I was thinking of doing another/longer video that included the entire song.But I don't know. Anyway thanks a lot for the comments!

Blog Entries

Sorry, static car. Doesn't work for me (it probably doesn't help that I'm not a big car fan anyway).
    My attention was drawn to the lights from the moving cars in the background of someof the shots.
    I think if I wanted to examine the sleek lines of the Porsche, much like my view on architecture, I'd want to see it doing what it's designed to do. If you'r not showing it doing what it's designed to do (ie cars - moving, buildings - being used) then I'd rather have high quality photographs so I can examine at the level of detail I want at the pace I want.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sorry, static car. Doesn't work for me (it probably doesn't help that I'm not a big car fan anyway).
    My attention was drawn to the lights from the moving cars in the background of someof the shots.
    I think if I wanted to examine the sleek lines of the Porsche, much like my view on architecture, I'd want to see it doing what it's designed to do. If you'r not showing it doing what it's designed to do (ie cars - moving, buildings - being used) then I'd rather have high quality photographs so I can examine at the level of detail I want at the pace I want.
    Yeah I understand what your saying. Just to let you know I filmed this at 10:30pm so there was no one in the dealership to get permission to drive it or what not.