Thread: Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device - Access Problems

Default Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device - Access Problems

I bought myself a Dazzle a while ago, but now for the first time I felt the need to access the audio device. Apparently, that is not quite as easy as it seems. Most programs, when recording off it specifically (Audacity, Skype, Wirecast) will not receive any signal.
    I know this is a known problem, BUT I found a partial solution. The lightest program I have that can fully record of a Dazzle is Windows Movie Maker. It can record the combination of audio and video just fine. I discovered that WHILE it is doing that, the aforementioned programs can suddenly tap into the audio device!
    What this means is that, while I can use it, I would have to be recording all video at the time as well. This is of course a waste of memory and CPU. The question is thus: Is there any known program that opens a device for A/V recording, without ACTUALLY recording?

I am running Windows XP, with the ultimate goal of porting the sound to Wirecast. Attempts to use VAC have been unsuccessful.

I am open to questions. And Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is my first post, so if it is entirely in the wrong place, I apologize.

EDIT2: I just figured out merely OPENING the recording interface of WMM will achieve the desired effect, but it still locks use of the video feed in the process. Cam splitters seem to nullify the effect. Ideas?
    Last edited by weckar; 03-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.