Thread: Kinetic Typography software?

Question Kinetic Typography software?

Hey guys,

First post here.

Just wondering what software would have been used to make this video? Through research I've found that Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects could be used but I have also found that the Apple products LiveType and Motion can also do this. What do you recommend?

P.S. I operate off a Mac and have all this software.

It's hard to say which piece of software was used to make this particular video as the quality is not too good so it could have been made with anything. The most common software to make this type of video seems to be After Effects .

If as you say you have all of "this software" then why not have a go making a test piece and see which is the easiest to use and gives satisfactory results.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It's hard to say which piece of software was used to make this particular video as the quality is not too good so it could have been made with anything. The most common software to make this type of video seems to be After Effects .

If as you say you have all of "this software" then why not have a go making a test piece and see which is the easiest to use and gives satisfactory results.

Thanks for the quick response,

I havent had any experience using any of the software and I just wanted to get a general idea of what software could achieve this.

As you say, After-effects does look like the most common software. I shall give it a crack.

Can I suggest you watch the veggies after effects tutorials first, get an understanding of the program, learn the basics first, then give it a go!

"veggies" ? Curse you IPhone spell check!

I meant to say Adobe

Quote Originally Posted by Bpotter908 View Post
    Can I suggest you watch the veggies after effects tutorials first, get an understanding of the program, learn the basics first, then give it a go!

"veggies" ? Curse you IPhone spell check!

I meant to say Adobe
    Thanks for the help. I've found some really decent tutorials and have been started my own. They're fun but time consuming. I think it's worth it for the end result

It's an expensive program

- - - - - - - and someone once remarked that good Titles will raise the bar for the Movie that follows - - - and that Titles should never be "better than the movie" -

I recall in days of Super-8 folks could buy professional titles for (subject) and then the movie that followed showed all the signs of being made on the kitchen table.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    It's an expensive program
    Yes. And probably isn't the easiest software to use for this purpose. Other than any specific AE effects, the majority of the work is in moving/resizing simple graphics layers. Such feats can surely be performed by almost any video editing software. Unless the movements and timing are pre-planned, the User would expect to have full control of their audio whilst they fiddle with layers and adjust timings. AE is not particularly suited to that kind of operation.

I found the video very impressive and creative, who ever created that I would say they where very confident with the software. Something along those lines makes for a great start to any Video only shorter of course.

I know Pinnacle Studio 12 contains similar Fonts. And a shed load of effects in the software. I would not be surprised if this could be created or similar with studio.

I found this part of the software mega mega complicated to use, with all the different functions available. like most things ya have to be patient and put the hours in. Have say. I didn't.

Caption World:
    How are you getting on with Cartoons?

I'm anticipating a boxed "Anime Studio Debute 8" - look a good buy but maybe much learning, still it wasn't too pricey. Not received yet...soon.

Caption World:
    "How are you getting on with Cartoons?"

Its a bit like fighting your way through a dense jungle. But slowly making progress now. I have sorted the drawing part, and just getting the hang of 3D Animation and timelines. I was hoping to launch Titanic on Youtube to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking this has now been shelved. I am working on getting the iceberg to sink as the ship hits it, but it keeps floating to the top.

Please keep us posted on your progress when you get the software. Good luck.